Justbutts

Justbutts GT86

The journey begins

Two weeks ago i bought my pearl white gt86 :) it hasn't been plain sailing but last week I finally picked her up.

The problem was I requested the toyota garage looked for a year old low mileage pearl white with black half and half. A week later they rang me and i went to view the car. All the paperwork stated black half and half but when the car got there it actually had cloth interior :(. I still went to view the car running through the motions and trying to think how i could overcome the cloth issue. Once at the garage a soloution was put forward to me if i was genuinely interested into the car. I got the deposit out and said if this was the car it was supposed to be i would have put a deposit down on it today.

Basically they arranged toyota uk to come and retrim the seats and fit the heater elements. They had some technical issues with the heated seat wiring so im still waiting for some parts from japan to arrive.

I chose to pick up the car and take it back when when the parts arrive.

What i now have is a 2013 pearl white GT86, 3981 miles black half and half leather alcantara with optional black leather arm rest and sat nav.

20140812_180959_zpskvr6eetw.jpg

It will be supercharged in the future but with over 3 years warranty still on the car I don't want to void it. I haven't turned any of the driver aids off as I plan to do some experience days and look into track v's oil issues before I give it ago in mine.

Mark

You have a leather/alcantara without heaters! That's unique, keep it like that :P the heaters are crap anyway.

You are the only person in the world to have this combination ;)

Also love 3sdm wheels, contemplated some myself.

Now i have never been a person for the stanced look as all my wheels before have been to optimise track use rather than looks. But i have done alot of research on the ft86club forums and found what i think is a close compromise.

These were my choice, 18×8.5 et35 satin black 3sdm 0.01 all round.

20140813_214106_zpsnqmidclo.jpg

Welcome aboard. Don't listen to Rob, the heaters are essential IMO. I've even had the heated seats on this week in the mornings. 

It looks good with the wheels but you know what I'm going to say next don't you? Lowering! ;) 

Well, just so you know, I had my dealer (RRG Macc) fit my Tein coilovers with EDFC Active Pro and all the other modifications too, to my car. All covered under warranty. :)

But if you went the simple route and just fitted lowering springs that wouldn't void the warranty anyway. 

You can go with lowering springs but I seemed to find that they didn't match te stock dampers so well plus you lose some damper travel too which is not great. They tended to make the stock dampers feel a bit under damped but that's not suprising really. 

I looked at all the options and took the plunge which is obviously more expensive, but I'm very much into handling and I wanted to improve it and improve the ride quality. I think I've done that with the Tein setup I have and with two others we worked with Tein UK to optimise the setup. It does work well but isn't cheap of course. 

Awesome stuff Mark, do like the new wheels!  And like Lauren has said, I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty as long as you've got a good dealer to work with, changing the suspension would only void the components directly related to the suspension system, so if you have an engine problem, you are still covered warranty wise etc!  But again (even though it shouldn't) it would depend on the dealer you're dealing with.  You are technically covered, but some dealers just don't want the hassle and refuse to sort the issue out and just claim that you've voided the warranty, but again, there are dealers out there who will follow the rules and still have you covered warranty wise for all the other bits like RRG Toyota in Macclesfield for example.

It will most likely end up on some bc coilovers as i had the apex/bc 5/4 comfy coilovers on my daily/trackday sx and i was happy with how they performed. B to G the nurburgring in 8.40 on road tyres on my nineth ever lap using those dampers on the sx