Stevo

A quick hello

I met a few of you guys on Sunday and signed up and have posted in a couple of threads but realised I haven't said hello yet.

I don't own a GT/BRZ but will certainly be considering it once the prices get to a sensible level. I have a lot of history with Subaru as well as Toyota so it would be a no brainer.

Here's a picture of my current toy

post-543-0-54069600-1407488498_thumb.jpg

It's a Westfield Megabusa, 528 kilos and just shy of 180 bhp. Built by me at our old workshop with a few mods during the process.

It's now got a decat exhaust,flatshifter expert and I remapped the ecu.

I'm hoping that we can bring some of the more interesting cars from work out to a local meet in the near future. I will keep an eye on the meets section.

One final photo that I'm sure you will appreciate - taken last year whilst filming the Idris Elba program that was on C4.

post-543-0-60100500-1407488583_thumb.jpg

And yes I did get to sit next to him whilst he was doing some drifting. Absolute master class in car control!

Edit to resize pictures and reorientate correctly - doh!

Thanks for the welcome!

Tsuchiya-San was a thoroughly decent chap, he was very complimentary about our AE86 too.

The interpreter we had was so funny as the producer asked him to go out in the AE86 and he was quite apprehensive about being driven sideways as he had never been in a car doing that. As i opened the door for him after a 15 minute session with Tsuchiya-San I asked how he found and his response was "it was very good I did not pee myself" :D   

LOL, awesome stuff Stevo and welcome to the club!  I watched that shot series, quite enjoyed it....bar some cringe worthy bits from Idris :P What were you doing for them that day i.e. what do you do for living?  I look forward to seeing what you've got available at the next meet!  

I manage the Toyota GB press workshop. Its a long story but I did work for TGB in their technical centre then chose to take voluntary redundancy from them but now work for another company as a sub contractor to them. Thats the short version lol.

My role on that day was just technical support. Although I was asked to be a stand in for Idris at one point in some of the action shots - I think you can see the resemblance can't you?

Day to day we just make sure all the cars are "right" before they go out to journalists. The historic fleet is kept here too which we maintain too.