smudge

Sprintex SC feedback

I've been in touch with Mark since about April this year, pre-empting the purchase of a Sprintex SC kit before I even bought the car!

As usual, Mark and Scott were quick and very helpful with coming back to my (many!) questions as I was a complete novice on this subject. Mark was even able to give me advice on my projected setup that I wanted and steered me in the right direction for what was best.

The day finally came to order my kit, and although it was hard giving over the long card number to Scott knowing that he was about to rape my bank account, I knew it was going towards a quality bit of kit and that I was in good hands with the Abbey team.

Scott let me know once the kit had arrived and after a couple of little tweaks, the SC was ready to pick up as I'm local to Abbey and was fitting the kit myself. Again, very helpful and friendly - Scott even unpacked the box with my so that everything would fit in the boot of the 86!

We agreed a date to come back to Abbey for the dyno tune so that Mark could work his magic and off I went to fit the SC.

Another member helped me to fit everything (thank you so much again Steve!) and after half a days work, she was in and almost ready to go. A mistake on my part thinking that Mark had included the ECUTEK license with everything meant that we had no map to put onto the car! However, a quick phone call meant that Mark immediately sent over something via email and we could put a base map onto the car to get it running. Superb service!

A couple of weeks of driving around on the base map meant that I was able to run the SC in nicely without thrashing it, but still able to get used to some of the power it was going to eventually give me when the dyno tuning day finally came. Absolutely no issues, great piece of kit that looks almost OEM and has a lovely soundtrack as everyone will know.

28th July finally came and I was so keen that I arrive to Abbey at just after 8.30am! Scott and the team were still scoffing breakfast, so I took a seat in reception while Mark got everything ready in the dyno room and fitted my IAT sensor which I was too scared to splice into the engine wiring....I don't get on well with electronics

Mark spent nearly 4 hours on the dyno, ensuring that he got everything he could from the car whilst maintaining it's drive-ability. He was showing me where things weren't quite right and what he's done to change them, talking me through every step of the way. The end result - 247.1hp at the hubs which I was chuffed with! Sorry Mark if your ears are still ringing today from my exhaust setup...

Before heading home, Mark showed me the different map settings, how to change them, when they should be used etc. Making sure I was 100% happy until driving off.

The drive home was just hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing at what the 86 can now do. It's a completely different car, an absolute animal on full chat but still a perfectly comfortable cruiser/around town car when I need it to be.

Overall, 10/10 from Abbey. Couldn't have asked for anything more. We all know of their excellent reputation, and I will be going back (as long as I'm allowed?) for further mapping once I've got a couple of other bits in place from Abbey, servicing and other odds and ends. Thank you so much guys!

(will update with pics and graphs later)

Awesome write up Smudge, glad you're enjoying the SC!  Please do give us an update at a later date you're getting on with it on how it drives during your daily activities as well as your sprints etc.