rob275

Window scratches

Hi Guys,

Few of you know that I had a scratch down my window and some others had it too. Not sure if i mentioned but I did take it to Toyota and they took a look. There is a roller that the window sits on when it is would down in to the door. This has foam over it and mine had fallen off and scratched the glass.

So if your windows are squeaking a bit you may find a faint scratch down it, take it to your local dealership and they can replace the glass. I have only had to wait about a week for mine.

Mine squeaks now and again but it thought it was mainly due to them being wet or something like rubber sticking. Will have to look at my glass closely. Cheers rob

It is pretty feint to begin with.

Had my baby in at the dealers today (listers Cheltenham), scratches definitely down to a broken part in the door (yay) so both the part and the glass will be replaced under warranty.

(On a separate note) had the pleasure of been taken for a spin in a modified baby (by Fensport) that the guys from Cheltenham have OMG, I have to tweak mine. The acceleration was awesome. Pretty nice body kit too!

Had my baby in at the dealers today (listers Cheltenham), scratches definitely down to a broken part in the door (yay) so both the part and the glass will be replaced under warranty.

(On a separate note) had the pleasure of been taken for a spin in a modified baby (by Fensport) that the guys from Cheltenham have OMG, I have to tweak mine. The acceleration was awesome. Pretty nice body kit too!

Got mine back today with the glass replaced :) they all love my blue wheels haha they want to steal my car! The black Auto Fensport sold I assume?

That's good. Thanks for the info on this, I would have left it thinking it was general wear from dirt in the window rubber otherwise :)

Yep, that's the one. I was very tempted!

The only reason i really brought it up was i saw other cars also had it. I had an Aygo today, splatted with "go fun yourself" stickers. So I did :P

My drivers side squeaks (and has done for a while) but I can't see a mark on the glass at all so hopefully it stays that way!

Mine was pretty faint to begin with, got progressively worse though.

rob where abouts on the window is the scratch happening?  in the middle or towards the front or rear of the glass?

My drivers window has started squeaking so want to look for the scratches early on  ta

Had my car now for two months and have learned so much about it from this forum. Had it not been for this thread about scratched Windows I too would have thought that the fault on both of mine was down to dirt in the Windows. The car is a 13 plate and I bought it from a jag dealer but contacted the Toyota garage who sold the car and they replaced the glass both sides. So a big thanks to Rob for the original post and a big thanks to the Toyota garage in filesystem Durham. 

10 hours ago, Brig said:

Had my car now for two months and have learned so much about it from this forum. Had it not been for this thread about scratched Windows I too would have thought that the fault on both of mine was down to dirt in the Windows. The car is a 13 plate and I bought it from a jag dealer but contacted the Toyota garage who sold the car and they replaced the glass both sides. So a big thanks to Rob for the original post and a big thanks to the Toyota garage in filesystem Durham. 

Good to hear, probably worth me mentioning that it has reoccurred for me and they are refusing to replace them now.

:angry: what......I hope they're not just saying....well we've fixed it once and it's happened again so it's probably by design or some crap like that, I'd find myself a new dealer!

25 minutes ago, Keethos said:

:angry: what......I hope they're not just saying....well we've fixed it once and it's happened again so it's probably by design or some crap like that, I'd find myself a new dealer!

Pretty much what they said, Rich won't touch it either as it's been refused by an auditor at TGB.

Got mine in today at Motorline Cardiff for this same issue, also booked in for the 30k service, first MOT and the power steering recall, was told the value of parts for the recall was in excess of £800 not including any labour!