CHOSENMAN007

Oil change

This is what's going in my car thanks to mark at abbey. And from all the searches on the oil its all positive. Millers Nanotec. Yes its a small thing but it seems the benefits are big. I suggest you all change the crude. ; ) check out the test for yourselves.. Click below.

http://m.fastcar.co.uk/2012/08/28/millers-nanodrive-test/

Thing is, as standard the car uses decent quality 0W20 oil which is much thinner than those tested in that link. Power difference is going to be less, if at all really. I use the Millers too BTW.

Says it all Steve, you using it too. I'm sure its a better quality oil than stock without question. Why else would race cars and high end track cars use it. Stock oil for stock car. Since a lot of us are barely stock now bar internals I am defo uprating my oil.

Check the actual millers site ref gt86 power out puts.

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/news/2012/281112-Toyota-GT86-Power-Test.asp

To throw a spanner at your theory, usually race spec oils are not good for road use. They don't tend to have the additives that are required for long periods of use, so are good for a race or two and then should be changed. When I saw that the Nanotech was a race oil I specifically made sure that it would be fine for a year long interval.

TBH I'd have no issues on running on the OEM oil, the Toyota grade 0W20 is actually one of the best out there.

Defo a spanner there Steve. But its not a theory its proven. A race team ( rogue Motorsport) done a independent test for millers oil. Further more hate to say it your contradicting yourself mate! If the stock oil is one of the best out there why did you go and put in the nanotec? Don't make sense!

Even if I had nothing to go on and my tuner (mark) says its the one then its the one to put in. Nuff said. ; ) I'm pretty sure mark won't put this in my car if it only lasted a month mate! ; ) its for road cars too, cars that get serviced every 10k lol

End of the day there is no harm in putting in better quality oil. Its better than stock oil. So its a no brainer for me bud.

Further more hate to say it your contradicting yourself mate!

How am I contradicting myself exactly? Just because I said that the Toyota oil is good, does that therefore mean that's the oil one I'd use? I stated one of the best, not THE best.

I KNOW that race oils aren't suit for road use, so when Mark suggested the Millers to me I asked him to check with them about its suitability. It was given the all clear - maybe it was because I asked that we know its fine to use..... As to why its in my car, I got a good deal on it.

Just FYI I don't doubt Mark's advice, I've had a working relationship with Mark on this car since early last year.

When I won that HKS oil last year. Expensive oil, but the spec differs from stock so I haven't put it in.

In the end I've stuck with stock oil. My car has done 40K and uses no oil, so I thought it isn't broke so no need to fix it kind of thing. Also for the sake of warranty it made sense to stick to OEM oil.