chopper602

Second Service

Has anyone had a year two service done yet ? I have mine booked in for next week and I have bought the oil & filter (cheaper than getting the dealer to supply) and from looking at the schedule it looks like everything else is a check. From a brief chat at the Oulton Park track day, Richard mentioned that the pollen filter and diff oil is replaced too - did yours get done ?? The cars on about 17k miles now

Diff oil is the important one. I had my 40K service just over a week ago, diff oil and pollen filter changed for the second time plus brake fluid as I asked for it. 

I asked again about diff. oil change when they rang to remind me about the service. Eventually rang back that it should be changed at 4 years or 20k miles with a cost of £99 for the oil alone, but they could do the change at the same time as the service FOC. Seeing as the oil is about £35 from Cheap Toyota Parts, does anyone know if it's a simple DIY job ?

Diff Oil is included in the service cost. Mine was changed as per the standard 20k mile charge. 

I bought my own engine oil, filter and gasket, so sort of saved myself £100 by doing that (£299 quote for service. Now £140 labour plus £59 for the consumables I already bought).

TBH My service centre isn't the most clued up and I'm sure if I hadn't bought my own oil and went with the standard service price, they'd have charged extra for the diff. oil (£299 + £99 diff. oil)