smudge

200ft bungee jump for charity

Madness!!  Sheer madness..

.... detached retinas, testicles in your throat and congealed snot packed in your sinuses...

... (shakes head in total bemusement) ....

Spec K

LOL, that Idiot Abroad was silly, they weren't bungie jumping, they were slamming their faces to the ground for entertainment  :blink:   :lol:

Awesome stuff Smudge!  The closest thing to this I've done is "Go Ape" and towards the end there's the Tarzan swing which is actually quite slack so what you jump, you drop for a bit before the rope tightens and then swings you across to grab onto a massive next that you need to climb up......that was enough to take your breath a way a bit......did you stop breathing until you reach the extent of the cord?  Also, would have thought you'd come down further than that.....or is that just me watching too many XTREME bungie jumping :P

Keethos, I've done Go Ape and know exactly what you're on about. My groin was a bit worse for wear after that jump/swing!

The video doesn't really do it justice as to how far down I travelled, must have been a good 120ft before the bungee tightened and I was travelling back up to the sky. And then you're in freefall again for a few seconds, it's just a totally insane experience!

I'd love to do one over a river off a bridge, and see how close to the water you could get