Twigman

Seat belt guide press stud rattle

The most irritating rattle ever is coming from the press stud on the passenger seat seat belt guide.

It is worse when the press stud is connected but has now started rattling when undone too.

Has anyone else suffered this rattle?

How might one get rid of it?

Is this something I should complain to the dealer about? it seems mighty petty.

i find it incredibly irritating.

I had a problem with the same popper, it was coming undone far too easily (didn't notice a rattle but I'd only had the car a day when I notified the fault to the dealer).

Alegedly, they didn't do anything to repair it, but miraculously it doesn't pop off now!! I suspect a grease monkey and some crimping pliers may have had some part in the ghost repair, but they did say that the only way to fix it would be to replace the seat cover as its stched in!

Poor design imo

I think I might take it to the dealer and see what he has to say about it.

I can't cope with it any longer!!!!

it drives me nuts

I recommend keeping change in the cupholders, the 12V cover and an old pair of sunglasses in the empty glovebox, then an old boxfile full of stolen stationery in the boot... More than enough rattles to stop you worrying about seat poppers  :)

Mine has the odd rattle from the studs, part of the cars character I think I am more tollerant on this car as I don't use it every day.  I used to be a real sticlker for rattles and stuff but age has mellowed me to a degree, though certain frequencies in tracks are rattling the roof so a bit a deadening mignt be needed :)