Lauren

40K Service at RRG Macc'

Back to RRG Macclesfield this morning for my 40K service, though I'm actually a little early at 38,850 miles. 

Richard noted that my pollen filter was really badly clogged. This was due to be changed as well anyway. I also had a set of Yoko Advan Sport V105s fitted in time for the next round of the TSS at Woodbridge.

10371542_10152047387766467_5464001647678

And on the car:

10338885_10152048035231467_8741161048995

I must admit, I've really enjoyed the Primacys. I'm quite keen to see what I make of these, time will tell of course, but at least I'm on the same tyres as Stan which are 'Y' rated so extra load with the theory being they will have a stiffer sidewall than the X rated tyre of the same type. 

I also had my discs and pads changed. Dave very kindly donated is part worns to me which had seen 14K of service and are about 10% worn on the pads which is brilliant and saved me a penny or two. Thank you Dave! :)

I also had the brake fluid changed just because the car does a lot of miles and track work. 

Whilst I was there I had a small repair done to the rear bumper where I managed to reverse into a post at Sainsbury's a couple of weeks ago. My own stupid fault but at least it's fixed now. :)

As always I received an excellent service from the guys and girls at RRG Macc and it's always nice to have a little natter about what's happening and going on. 

I've only driven home in traffic so didn't get a chance to get a feel for the new tyres, though I will need to scrub them a little first for a few miles. I will update in due course. :)

You are welcome, Lauren!

I am sure the scrubbing won't take long for you - a couple of repeat 360's around a roundabout with the tail out 45 degrees should do nicely!  :D

Yeah, I'm intrigued. Richard was worried it'd lose the fun element, but I'm going to give them a go see what I think. They are meant to excellent in the wet and I really like getting a move on when it gets raining, so we shall see. 

I will update with how it's going. 

Looking good Lauren....

I, too, will be interested in your comments on the Yokos - the tread pattern looks amazingly similar to the Michelin Palm 3 Sports.

Spec K