Xrkc6x

new tyres...

Chris do you have the same suspension setup that Dave used to have? He was using stock dampers on lowered springs. 

I'm not sure why I assumed that you were using Koni's. 

But all that money spent on power and using stock dampers on lowered springs may well highlight where you need to upgrade next. 

You right Lauren, so tyres and suspension or koni's are next one, how does it work? I'm running eibach springs pro series, will I need to take it out? I'm also running front and rear negative camber, any problems with that?

Well you can fit Koni's which will give you adjustable dampers. But I'm not convinced by the lowered springs. However, others like them, so it's a personal thing. 

There is no issue with your camber settings, they are not extreme. I run a little more negative camber on the rear than you for example at 1.75 deg neg. 

So you could just bin your stock dampers and fit Konis. 

Other options is to look at coilovers where you replace the whole struts, this gives more allowance for customising your setup as then you can easily adjust the ride height and you know the springs will match the dampers. 

If you're feeling flush you could be number 4 (After Keith, Me and Dave!) to have the Tein EDFC Active Pro setup. ;)

It really depends what you want out of the suspension and how much you want to spend of course. 

For now I'd just like to go for tyres and koni's leaving the springs as can't afford now the tein system :-(

Regarding koni's could you point me to the right parts?

Thanks a lot guys for help me :-)

A word of advice, Cris - the Koni adjustables are good, but require 'manual' adjustment with a knurled knob which goes on the top of the shock absorber, so you cannot change your settings whilst on the move, you have to stop and change them.

It is a pain in the nether region, in my opinion. Neither BMW/Merc/Aston/Lexus allow such nonsense... even 1980's Jags had 'onboard suspension adjustment'  and before them 1970's Citroens... Koni has, in my opinion, totally lost the plot..

The Tein Active system allows you to change your settings on the move - but you have to get used to the sound of the stepper motors changing your dampers on speed/g-force changes.. this cannot be heard from the front motors but you can hear the canary in the rear of the GT86...

You can also 'pre-programme' and choose soft road/hard road/ track (or anything in between) at any time by pushing a button... for elderly gentlemen such as you, Pitman and me these things are worthy of serious considering... for young turks like Lauren it's a piece of cake... and the 'knowledge-base' for GT86's is increasing every day, with Tein UK (Yukiko) really keen to develop and help the Club drivers.

We are the only 'make' which has a specified setup for rebound "shimming", diagnosed and evaluated by Fensport, agreed by Tein UK, tried by Tein Japan and now (I believe) a 'standard option' worldwide! And I never got a brass farthing out of my wheel being the testbed! Outrageous!

Can you see Koni (or even Bilstein/Ohlins) reacting on client feedback like that?

My advice? Save up your pocket money and go for the 'proper job'.. this is not specific to track, this is a huge comfort-factor on normal roads, in my opinion..

Come and have a ride in mine before you decide..

Spec K

Ok, so, everything u said isb110% correct but... I just needed to change tyres and have more grip and I don't want any comfort at all, I want indeed the car really stiff and hard on the road so I guess koni's could be a quick solution... Or just tyres for now and maybe later tein but just because it's better as u said but again I'm not looking for comfort lol just more grip ;-)

Thanks anyway!

Keith, you're forgetting you had Koni's beforehand. They can't of been that bad and you used to say they were fantastic. The reality is every aftermarket coilover you have to change manually. Once it's set up no adjusting is needed...

Even the TEIN Coilovers are manual ;)

Something to consider, Chris, is if you have the car setup really stiff on the road it will cause you more traction problems and likely decrease your available grip. 

I'm starting to be lost again hahahah

So I was thinking koni's and wider tyres as suggested were gonna give me some more grip...

Of course the TEIN ones are better but once configured the setup you won't need to change it again I guess...

I'm starting to be lost again hahahah

So I was thinking koni's and wider tyres as suggested were gonna give me some more grip...

Of course the TEIN ones are better but once configured the setup you won't need to change it again I guess...

Koni's and tyres will give you more grip. But, you have spent a lot of money on the engine increasing it's power. The problem you have is that whilst Koni's and lowering spring is an alright setup the dampers are relatively short stroke so by lowering the car say 30mm, you have lost 30mm of travel. The advantage with a coilover is that you can adjust the spring platform height so you can lower the car without losing the damper travel. So it's better in that respect. 

A lot of people with adjustable dampers will change their settings whether they are on the road or the track. It's not that difficult to do though, so I wouldn't say it's an issue. 

Given the expense you have spared elsewhere to make the car go faster in a straightline, it would be more fitting I think to fit something better than adjustable Koni's and lowering springs. However, you should consider what you want to use the car for. If you want a car that really looks the part and is quick in a straightline and will generally just enjoy cruising around in it, it doesn't matter so much what you fit. If you want a car that really handles and you want to exploit that, then you may want to wait a little longer and think about something that will be less of a compromised by lowering and go for a coilover setup. 

BC's are good value for money and seem to do the job by all accounts. If you're not looking to go flat out on the track, they'll be more than good enough I'm sure and will likely be just fine for track work. Adrian uses them after all. I'm just a parts snob really preferring to use parts that are manufactured in Japan where possible. But BC's would give you all you need and you can sell your current struts. 

Sorry if I've confused you more! ;)

If you're not going mad on the track, Contisport Contact 5's. 

I put these on mine 225/40-18 and they feel really planted

Thx guys... Doing homework now :-) i think to save some money and go for tyres now and then tein or bc, tyre wise I'd go for

235/35 R18

255/35 R18

Brand wise still don't know I'm trying to see all reviews redrafting your suggestions... Lauren thx I'm not confused anymore lol :-)