forge197

ICE Install Complete

My goal was to keep the standard head unit and standard speaker locations so from the outside it looks entirely standard.

There are of course compromises here as in many cases standard fitment isn’t best to stage the sound and all that good stuff, as I’ve built this with the goal to be an improvement over OE, in fairness it starts from a low bar, anyhow early indications are that it’s met and far exceeded my goal!!

DSC05988_zps2ea6fd43.jpg

For ease I ordered some pre-cut spacers http://www.subaruaudio.net/subaru-speaker-spacers/subaru-brz-and-scion-fr-s/ the tweeter spacer was cut to fit the focal tweeter.

Front Speaker installed I put some deadening behind the speaker and on the door skin.

DSC06004_zpsf870f928.jpg

Tweeter Installed

DSC06005_zpsa0bb5f80.jpg

In the boot from the fused feed under the bonnet to a fused distribution block and also an earth distribution block.

DSC05996_zpsc99bdf9a.jpg

I couldn’t really see how to do the cross-overs up front and keep it neat so installed them in the boot

DSC06007_zps0fafaf1b.jpg

Covered this with another piece of MDF for the AMP and Processor to sit on.

DSC05989_zps6cd99db2.jpg

This bit I think could be better if I do a v2, the bolt is to stop it moving around.

337356DF-AAFF-413E-A385-917713147D36_zps

I then installed a Integrity Concepts Subwoofer Enclosure with a JL subwoofer that is custom to fit the car.

http://www.integrityconcepts.net/scion-frs--subaru-brz--toyota-gt-86-products.html

DSC06135_zps62b10c2e.jpg

DSC06133_zpsdc0e98db.jpg

Need to get the run in done over the coming weeks and then tune the Processor to get it all setup and and possibly relocate the controller.

First impression really pleased and even more pleased I did a DIY install after what must be a 15+ year gap since my last install and that it has kept the factory look as I wanted, bonus it sound nice to.