Kodename47

Cross Forum Crap

I thought there had been a gentleman's agreement to let bygones be bygones?

Why people are checking who owns the Owners Club and then bother to post under an alter pseudonym to create a fuss is childish!! It doesn't affect you anyway, so why care?

Just FYI, no-one knows what's gone on except Dan and there is still an open post on the forum to explain. We just deleted Alec's post.

Apologies for the post, but FFS just let it go!! It ain't your issue....

oooh, shall i lock the thread then ?  :D

I'm afraid that I'm a believer in free speech and like a bit of a wind up, its not personal, If Dan made some money out of it good luck to him. Its the secrecy and prevention of a free and open discussion that I don't like.

As for using a pseudonym I didn't have a lot of choice there  as my original account got banned

I get on well with a lot of the guys on the other forum and I don't like stuff being hidden from them, ask anyone that I used to work with at Marconi, I don't like people trying to keep things secret that effect others, these things should be talked about

Alec (freedom of speech for all !)

basically I have real issues with banning people and censorship, if it's personal abuse then possibly/probably, but not where its just a point of view you don't agree with, you put up your own view and let the reader decide 

Just FYI - it seems that Dan has signed a NDA so can't mention anything until the agreement is complete. That was exactly what was going to happen until you outed him..... I'm not sure exactly what hidden dagger tricks you think are being played, it's just a website that people use to talk about cars. Also FYI, neither I, nor Dan or Stu hid your post.... I was quite happy to see how many people were really bothered. It seems like you lot worry about it more than the people who actually use it.

I'm not sure why you couldn't have had a giggle at our expense without feeling the need to come and post about it.... was Facebook not enough? It was clearly a case of "getting one over".... games that I assumed were finished.

Steve - I'm not sure I appreciate the  "... you lot..." comment above. I for one have not got a clue what you/Alec are on about.

And nor, I guess, does 99.9% of this Club/Forum.

Take it to PM please. If you must...

Spec K  

This thread is amusing  :) If a NDA was signed then it goes for both parties. The other party has breached it or mentioned something to someone not in the NDA. That is all.

Anyway, Mikael only posted to ask what was happening with regards to the club as far as I am aware. No hidden dagger tricks really is there? Alec just posted to wind you up I assume, I don't know what he's posted.

Don't think many people are having a giggle, seeing as nobody here knows whats going on really.

NDA also includes anyone with in the business agreement. Including Moderators. If the Moderators are being kept in place during the transfer it also includes them! 

So you mentioning anything about the sale or even any NDA stuff on here is breach of the NDA....

And like LFA says... It's in public domain already!

:D  

NDA also includes anyone with in the business agreement. Including Moderators. If the Moderators are being kept in place during the transfer it also includes them! 

So you mentioning anything about the sale or even any NDA stuff on here is breach of the NDA....

Nothing would have had to have been said until a 3rd party found it necessary to make it public. The posts were hidden as to not create a lot of questions that we and, at that point, even Dan, couldn't answer. What good was a bunch of speculation?

As said, the NDA is no longer in force if the new owners have already allowed it to go public so I/we have done nothing wrong. Dan will be making an announcement later today for those interested, the club info thread will then be opened back up for discussion.

As per usual any discussion has been stamped on by locking the thread on the oc forum

Barely any posts get locked and as above you can see there was a reason this time. Political forum controversy isn't what these forums are for, it's about the cars and the owners. Creating threads like that wasn't really of benefit to anyone, especially when none of the main users will be affected by the change. I bet the majority don't even know/care who Dan is/was.

Seems like a bit of a "Ohh Arr" or maybe "Ruckass" is going on Dave, But don't worry it hasn't turned into a full blown "Argy Bargy" just yet.

I can picture it, sitting in a pub and someone cracks a stein over someones head and Ale flies everywhere. Can't wait, will be fun, sore head in the morning though.

I can picture it, sitting in a pub and someone cracks a stein over someones head and Ale flies everywhere. Can't wait, will be fun, sore head in the morning though.

Rob, that would probably go down as a "bit of a to do" or maybe "bit of bother",  :D

In this case it was a bit of Ale© which flew everywhere, by the look of it.

Perhaps a 'director' of the Drivers Club should be a little more circumspect, reflective and adult.

And discuss a common approach to such issues with his fellow Board members...? Merely a thought...

I'm sure that's what most of us would appreciate - I know I certainly would..

Spec K

He only put a poll up on the other site. He didn't kick off at anyone hence why i'm not taking much seriously here. I don't see what the "Issue" is. We're all Adults, we can all also have a laugh though.

Anyway, congratulations on the sale of the Club Dan!  :)

He only put a poll up on the other site.

Which was clearly designed to shit stir.....

I don't come on here to do that, neither do any of the other mods. Even this thread was started with the intention of just saying "leave it out."

Which was clearly designed to shit stir.....

I don't come on here to do that, neither do any of the other mods. Even this thread was started with the intention of just saying "leave it out."

What his intentions were I do not know, me personally. Saw it as a bit of a laugh really and I felt he just done it as Dan hadn't mentioned anything about the transfer of a club which seems to have happened on the 24th April. If you feel strongly about it then PM him as it is nothing to do with this club. 

I don't want the actions of someone, Director or Non-Director to be a problem with the relations between the two clubs. It's not like we all got in to a group discussion saying "Lets piss them off". Believe it or not, i have better things to do ;)

I will probably close this thread soon, it's a bit pointless really.