rob275

Helmet Pimping!

I still need to get some stickers ordered for my helmet too.....you got a decent company to source the club stickers from yet Rob?  I need some contacts :D

I still need to get some stickers ordered for my helmet too.....you got a decent company to source the club stickers from yet Rob?  I need some contacts :D

I do indeed! I'll put it in the club discussion forum actually...

Rob, what's your thoughts on the Hedtec? Been thinking of one myself. What's it like for fitment and comfort?

I'm guessing you're of similar head size to myself so which size did you go for?

it was quite lucky really, we was at the Autosport show in January and I went there to get a helmet for the snetterton day... I came accross a stand that had this for sale, only 1 left size xsmall for £60 or something silly. I told the guy no way is that going to fit me and it ended up fitting like a glove! So i nabbed it before anyone else did.

It fits well, the guy told me I had the perfect "Helmet Head" whether I should take that as a compliment or assume he thinks i'm a helmet I'm not sure but hey ho :) It does the job really, they aren't the lightest of helmets, but then again i've had heavier and being open face I prefer it over a full face as you get a bit more peripheral vision.

I'm loving my headtec helmet, it is a lil on the cheap side as you can see some of the finish around edges aren't great and the paint chipped off ever so easily when I tried to screw on the visor (which is a really cheap piece of plastic that didn't fit correctly to begin with and again very poor finish but it looks alright and fits very well for me.....the double D strap is a bit of a ballache sometime (especially with gloves on) but it does the job.

I'm loving my headtec helmet, it is a lil on the cheap side as you can see some of the finish around edges aren't great and the paint chipped off ever so easily when I tried to screw on the visor (which is a really cheap piece of plastic that didn't fit correctly to begin with and again very poor finish but it looks alright and fits very well for me.....the double D strap is a bit of a ballache sometime (especially with gloves on) but it does the job.

What double D strap isn't though. The paint finish on mine is fine though? Haven't got any chips.

Isn't the double D ring all part of the Snell standards? Thanks for the replies, it's what I wanted to hear.

It's only a preference rather than a requirement, but it generally seems to be the norm on the majority of helmets. Once you get used to them they aren't too bad lol. As long as the strap is made of flame proof fabric and fastens then it's good for Snell SA2010.

Here's a tip, Keith. Do your helmet strap up before you put your gloves on! ;)

Alec got a helmet for £50 from Demon Tweeks. Seemed pretty happy with it, 

I bought a Bell open face which is not as light, though is FR (if safety is your thing) and a lovely comfortable fit with a decent amount of paddng. 

Yeah, that's what I do but even then, it sometimes gets tangled or twisted some hows.....the quick release ones would have been nice but I've read that they're not as safe as the double D straps.

I have actually got two helmets, my one posted above, and another which I can show Faith at BHP, perhaps she can give me some advice as to what to put on it  :rolleyes: