Keethos

Garage vs Mobile Fitted Tyres

Hey,

Just a random question, what are the pro's and con's of fitting tyres at a garage over getting them fitted by a mobile fitter?  Are mobile fittings more expensive?  More risk or damaging the alloys etc?

Thanks in advanced.

Keith

After a bad experience with a mobile guy once i'd use a garage. The bloke messed up the tracking (dont know how) and also over-tightened the wheel nuts, not good. 

I had exactly the opposite of will, the mobile I used was cheaper, had plastic protectors on the clamps (a must for alloys) andused a torque wrench on the nuts.

Garages and mobiles are the same, some good some bad.

Sorry this hasn't helped you bud

I always use Event Tyres these days - always good service and prices on tyres for my S2000, M3 and my winters on the GT86.

Had a very bad experience at a local garage where they crossed threaded some of the lug nuts and ended up damaging the threads on the lugs...

I expect with many places, it's the luck of who you get doing the fitting...

Nah, it's all good info Mark and thanks guys for the response, I was just worried that maybe everyone would say avoid mobile guys because of X Y or Z but it seems that some have had good experiences so I agree, it's just down to luck if you get either a good garage or a good mobile guy.

Grippy Tyres supplied, fitted and balanced tyres for my new 18" alloys using their mobile fitter. I was very happy both with the fitted price and the service, however I did not let them near the GT but fitted the wheels myself.