I fitted my  dash cam this evening, 10 minute job!

Not the best test as it's dark, first impressions is the microphone quality is rather dire by the sounds of it, but I must admit this is straight out of the box and you can adjust the configuration on the PC, so my recordings from snetterton should be 10 times better both Audio and Video wise...

I have set it to 1080p and the highest bitrate available, 12Mb/s i think it was off the top of my head.

The below video is 720p at 4Mb/s

You can also attach an external mic, i think the reason the inside mic is bad is due to it being a small unit it is against the casing and vibrates a lot as it's fixed to the window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHksDzOWP7c&feature=youtu.be

At least it records when you haven't got your seat belt on! ;)

Also can't believe you don't reverse onto your drive! Shocked! :o

Does everyone reverse in? I'm lazy and just want to get in when i get home after work :P

LOL, I was guna mentioned the seatbelt thing :D  But yeah, sound is a bit naff.....and doesn't it do night vision?  I always reverse into my drive, I find it easier to get the car close to one side away from the front door if I do as there's a lil wall which I worry about catching if I drive in forwards without being miles away from it.

I am still playing with mine... the Roadhawk HD camera comes with an 8GB SD card as standard, which is fine for recording consecutive one-minute 'loops' (and 'secures' the recording of an 'Event' - an accident to you and me..) but is useless for trackdays, so I've bought two 64GB XD cards and set them to record continuously for 30 minute 'sessions', which is the maximum allowed.

As 'standard' the replay shows speed, g-force and, if connected t'internet, a roadmap. I've invested in the 'Race Render' software which allows you to add a variety of data which is logged by the camera - revs, gear, oil temp, etc. - and can synch/overlay additional camera images. Race Render is not as good as Race Logic... but it's a damn sight cheaper at 28 sovs.. I'm gonna need a lot of techy-help to understand this...

I am still trying to optimise the contrast/brightness - hope to get Rob's help tomorrow at Snet on this, I'll take my laptop so we can review stuff... 

Spec K

I can't get mine to record 30 min loops? Is this a restriction of the 8Gb card do you know keith? I haven't got the manual on me at work but i set it to 30mins last night and drove to work this morning and it recorded 1min clips :'(

No, Rob - it won't record in 'loops' , it records 30 mins until the card is full but doesn't overwrite the oldest - as the 'looped' system does. (I'm guessing you changed it to 30min recording last night but didn't 'Submit' it.... right at bottom of screen..)

In the config file it automatically prevents 'looping' in anything other than 1min mode.. I'll show you tonight.

Spec K

No i clicked submit, but to be honest the program was a bit ropey so i ended up opening the config file directly to check and it is set to 30mins but refuses to... I didn't mean "loops" as in record and overwrite when full i mean but record 30 min clips! 

I may purchase an sd card en route anyway.

Does everyone reverse in? I'm lazy and just want to get in when i get home after work :P

It's the professional way. Always reverse in. It's when people go in forwards and reverse out that the incidents happen IME. 

Thankfully Lauren i live on a quiet road, if i didn't i'd definitely reverse in. Anyone who came to my BBQ last year will know how dead my road is :D only people who live on it go down there as it goes round in a ring :)