LFA

Pig or Prince?

The arrival of a new Subaru obviously creates some excitement ( with me at least )

This time it is the new WRX ( and later STI ) with Subaru distancing them from the rest of the Impreza line up increasingly.

Anyways, many of you will have seen the sleek WR blue 2 door concept, but now Subaru has released a teaser of the new car, which debuts in the US next week.

Pig or prince; I know what it should be and I know what it will be, lol

Posted Image

The arrival of a new Subaru obviously creates some excitement ( with me at least )  

Me too mate, I've already got my name down with Subaru for 1 of these. Like you say, the concept and the reality are often 2 very different things! Looks nice in the red though - anyone would think I had a thing for red cars . . .

Mind you, looking at the rest of the pics, I think I'll be taking my name off the list if that's the production model!

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/new-subaru-wrx-leaked-20131112-2xd1r.html

Edit: I just noticed those two photo's against the white background are artist's impressions but even so, it's going to have to look a lot like the concept to keep me interested!

They really need to follow their first instincts at Subaru.

Posted Image

I'm praying for; light, innovative e.g. electric turbo, non minging looks ( return to classic scoob as opposed to guppy)

I fear the red car might be it; flee now

If it really looks like this:

Posted Image

I think they should get an award for designing the ugliest car in years. Is it just me that thinks it looks truly awful? It's the sort of thing I'd expect the Chinese to come up with! 

I have taken my name off the "interested" list and told my dealer not to bother keeping me informed as previously requested! Subaru are going to have to do better than this I'm afraid. Its got such a nice front end but is let down from the A pillar back, in fact - from the middle of the front arches/scoop back its pretty uninteresting, just looks like a facelift of the last WRX STi saloon imo, the sharks fin is too far back and the wheels look so small in comparison to the bulky arches too.

After seeing the concept I really was expecting much, much better styling. Will probably still go and drive one when a demo becomes availble though :mellow:

Edit: Is it just me or is there something very "Evo X" about the silver car looking at it from the N/S front? Subaru trying too hard to make up on lost ground?

Got to poke around a new STI yesterday and I think it looks pretty good in the flesh, especially in WR Blue, and certainly a more balanced design than the previous model. Good to see the big wing back.

Easy to do an Evo double-take at a distance but close up it is clearly a Scooby.

As as has been commented on in the media, the dash is a bit gash !

Sounds like a Subaru should too.

Good car :)