Special K

Impressions of Spa

I'll try again with lower res versions and see if I can put all in the same post (Yes it works with smaller images could put all 6 in the same post when I selected 640x427)

11006120406_5d9a00889a_z.jpg
DX4J2675 by keith.stanbury, on Flickr

11006115406_aa131a439d_z.jpg
DJ6K1152 by keith.stanbury, on Flickr

11006094606_8e2a49c6dd_z.jpg
AI4C1130 by keith.stanbury, on Flickr

11006031305_fdd72b4cda_z.jpg
DJ6K2581 by keith.stanbury, on Flickr

11006004635_5d37501b58_z.jpg
DJ6K1930 by keith.stanbury, on Flickr

11006043775_8883729f46_z.jpg
DJ6K2436 by keith.stanbury, on Flickr

Well done, Alec! I've tried one, seems to work.

I'll bet Lauren is green with envy... I really do want to go there again, when it's warm and dry and my brakes work properly, as they now do...

Only another 87 pix to post.... :rolleyes:

Spec K

Yep, totally green with envy! 

Must say though, I do rather enjoy Spa when it's wet and a bit cold. November seems an ideal time for that. I've been in the summer too though and that was good. :+:

You're a closet masochist, Lauren... flicking the back out at 80+mph at a '..wet and cold Spa..' is not my idea of a calm day at the office... you would definitely be screaming your head off in frustration if you 'passengered' with me..  :wacko:

Have you driven your GT86 there yet? Reason I ask is that there was nothing going round corners much quicker, not even 'The Beast' AMG Merc... the Caterhams only had it on acceleration away. (Their Avon tyres wre impressive - any thoughts? Only for lightweights?)

Spec K

I've not been to Spa since 2006, Keith. 

I think Spa has a lot to do with how well you know it. Also I like the wet because it tends to slow the much more powerful cars down. I admit, though, I just like the challenge. It was wet the first time I drove it, it was my first wet trackday (back in 2002) and I had an amazing time really learning the car. I very much hope my next trackday is wet, just think you learn so much more about the car. 

You can use Avon's on heavier cars, I guess, but I'm not sure how it'd work out. I'd mindful though of over-tyring the car with too much grip. More likely A048's or on a budget 888's are probably a better option if you go down the grip route. I'm not on expert on this though, as I do tend to prefer road tyres and a bit less grip.