Special K

Celica VVTI

I've been ofered a very clean 'W' reg Toyota Celica VVTI (standard model, 100k on the clock, not the GTbut it's been chipped and is in very good worknig order, taxed, MOT... and it's blue, har har...) for what I think is a reasonable price... but what is a 'reasonable price'?

Any clues?

Spec K

Have a look on autotrader, they're not sought after cars, so prices will be low.

The 1ZZ is not a very good engine. That aside it's a good enough car if not on everyone's wish list.

I got £2500 for my Tsport 190 bhp version, one owner (but it was me!) with a full Toyota service history (Toyota in NOtts offered £1850), 2004 80k miles, so I would guess less than a grand, doesn't mean I'm right, just a guess.

Alec

I honestly wouldn't bother, I'd pick a different car. 

But, yes the 2ZZ is the obvvious one, though you'd probably pay half of what the car is worth to procure one of them. That's your only option really. 

I used to own a DC2 Type-R. Still the best handling car I've owned and an absolutely pin sharp chassis.

Thing is not surprisingly they cost twice as much or more as Celica's that are newer.

The DC5 (not quite the driver's car that the DC2 was) is more expensive still of course but of the same era as the Gen7 Celica.