Keethos

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo's

Hey all,

I know some of you's have had a pretty impressive car history and I know for certain than Will and maybe one or two others have owned an Evo before.  I've got a mate who's got a Focus RS who had ordered a new Megane RS 265 but is getting messed around with delays and what not and now is thinking of getting something else instead.  Hence the Evo question.

Can anyone with experience shed some light, advice and experience of owning an Evo, what to look out for, review etc.  I believe he's looking at an Evo X but if it's advised against for whatever reason I'll be sure to tell him.

The Focus was actually his achievable dream car, but now that he's had it, he's already wanting something else.  This lad can't keep a car longer than 6 months....he originally had a Peugeot 205 for many many years, but then out the blue he got himself a MX5 I think, but then shortly after he went onto a Fiat Punto Abarth, then shortly after a Fiat 500 (don't ask), then shortly after again a Megane RS 230 F1 edition I think, then shortly after again the Focus RS....though surprisingly he's had the Focus for about a year now I think ^_^ (though I may have missed one or two out).  Already tried to convince him to get a BRZ but he needs a more practical car where he can fit people in the back....even though he doesn't really drive people about and is always wanting me to drive when I visit  <_<

Every lil helps.....thanks!

I had a friend who had an FQsomething. He seemed to spend a fair bit of money on it when it went wrong. All those active diffs and yaw control equals ££££'s when they go wrong.

Keith if you friend has any questions on the Evo send us a PM and ill try and help.

Also if I was getting another one i'd get a FQ400, however as there are only 35 of these the FQ360 is the best option.

i owned one, but it was an automatic and i had the misfortune of having a rare issue with the automatic gearbox which ultimately resulted in me wanting to get rid of it and doing so by trading it in for the GT86.

but all in all it's a spectacular car. i'm not going to speak ill of the car because of what i had happen, because the chances of the chain of events taking place again are second to none.

it IS a joy to drive, the AWD just pulls you around corners, just watch the Top Gear review :) it's just not as pure of a drivers car, as computers do keep an eye on everything to keep you on the road