keelerad

Californian BRZ vs Mustang comparison

Can't believe the Mustang has a live rear axle.   What were they thinking?

I think that 90% of Septics just aren't aware that going round corners fast is fun, most are fixated on the traffic light drag race. Could be down to most of their roads having been built in a well boring north/south or east/west grid. Only place I know like that here is Milton Keynes and at least that has roundabouts to join them up! Alec

But a live axle is archaic. My AE86 has a live axle. Yeah, it's fun but has severe limitations. This of course was fine in 1985..... 

I continue to be unimpressed by American cars. 

LOL, not only that, I read this morning from an Autotrader article that the car with the most depreciation after 1 year is the Cadillac CTS-V, new car price: £68,957, price after a year: £22,335, percentage of value kept after a year: 32%.

They showed the top 5 best and worse, most worse being primarily american......though anyone heard of a Perodua Myvi before?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2013/10/cars/top-5-least-and-most-depreciating-cars-of-2013

I think the Mustang live axle is there purely because "it always has been" and Ford don't want to try to sell a Mustang without one - because it wouldn't be a Mustang if it didn't have a live axle would it...!!!

I think the Mustang live axle is there purely because "it always has been" and Ford don't want to try to sell a Mustang without one - because it wouldn't be a Mustang if it didn't have a live axle would it...!!!

That's a bit mental though. That would be a bit like designing the GT86 with a live axle because the AE86 has one. Fair enough thirty years ago it was fun, but blimey, does it have it's limitations. Take a live axled car round a corner at speed with a bump in it and you will see what I mean! 

Well something had to give I supposed, they are pretty cheap cars for what you get power wise, to compensate for all that extra power, they skimp on quality like the cheap interior and less advanced suspension systems etc.

That's a bit mental though. That would be a bit like designing the GT86 with a live axle because the AE86 has one. Fair enough thirty years ago it was fun, but blimey, does it have it's limitations. Take a live axled car round a corner at speed with a bump in it and you will see what I mean!

Yup :) I used to drive a 2.8 Capri so I know exactly what fun you're talking about... Or should that be "fun"... It is crazy but that's America for you...!