Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

Gig review; Suede and Teleman

When I'm not doing car stuff, my other passion is most definitely music. I confess to listening to 6Music pretty much 24/7, I think I'm addicted, but at heart I'm a bit of an 'indie chick' and the chance to see Suede was just too good an opportunity to miss. 

I also thought it would be good to get some other topics on here. 

Teleman were the supporting act:

I've heard some of their stuff on 6Music  over the summer. 'Steam Train Girl' probably being the track being their best known really. 

So, I was interested in what they might be like. They started quite well, but were just not strong enough IMO. Steam Train Girl was the one everybody seemed to like. Teleman are sort of Indie-electronica type band. 

Felt a bit underwhelmed by them tbh. So, no download for them. 

Suede:

Well, Brett Anderson has some presence alright. Started off with some of the Bloodsports songs (their new-ish album and the first in nine years). That was good enough but of course everyone (well everyone over 40) wanted to hear some of the Bernard Butler stuff, ie the first two albums. 

Well, they didn't dissapoint and I was soon pogo-ing when Animal Nitrate came on. They also played So Young, The Drowners (of course!) an absolutely epic version of Asphalt World complete with a soaring end just like the album version, but better. Also did Metal Mickey. 

The weakest points were the slow ballad tracks, though opening with Still Life was brave to be fair and highlighted Brett's voice, which is impressive. 

Overall, I rocked till I dropped and got a black cab all the way home with the windows open in an attempt to cool down. Half an hour late I was still buzzing. 

Highly recommended. :+:

View from behind the mixing desk:

Posted Image