Ivan

Suspension Noise at rear

BRZ booked in Friday to have rear suspension looked at.Sounds like a thud every time I go over a small undulation like a manhole cover or speed hump, but only on drivers side rear.Thought it may be the tool kit and polystyrene thing that fills the wheel well. Removed and no difference.Zed has 6k milesLooking at our friends across the pond there seems to be a few suffering the same and it's down to the strut?Not seen anything in UK on this or the usual sites.Bearing in mind how few BRZ's there are over here it will be interesting how the dealer gets on with sorting it!Fingers crossed!:32 (24):Iv.

I had a similar thing, not had it since replacing with Koni Shocks, but could be an entirely different issue. Describing a sound in words isn't the easier thing. Your thud could well be different to my thud ;)

I'm thinking shocks. I had a similar thing on another car, albeit on the front. Doesn't sound like a bush as those usually are more like a knock!The thud is like someone bouncing a football in the boot... hence my thoughts that is was the tool kit in there. But as you say, describing it is one thing...!Fortunately it easy to reproduce... unlike the temperamental 2nd gear problem:)Bear in mind I'm an ex-Alfa owner so I'm used to getting on first name terms with the Service Dept personnel!Iv.

Got the BRZ back this morning :D 

With new off side rear shocker... Apparently it was the first such failure for Subaru UK on a BRZ.

No more clunky noises, for now anyway!

Felt great after driving the (all new!!) Suzuki SX4 courtesy car, which in it self isn't a bad drive, just at completely the other end of driving involvement ;) 

Iv.

Got the BRZ back this morning :D 

With new off side rear shocker... Apparently it was the first such failure for Subaru UK on a BRZ.

No more clunky noises, for now anyway!

Felt great after driving the (all new!!) Suzuki SX4 courtesy car, which in it self isn't a bad drive, just at completely the other end of driving involvement ;) 

Iv.

Glad its sorted for you Ivan,i suspected it was that.Was there any signs of weeping/leaking oil?  

Glad its sorted for you Ivan,i suspected it was that.Was there any signs of weeping/leaking oil?  

They didn't mention it. But I suspect it was the same failure mode as the GT86's as the symptoms seem very similar. 

Cheers,

Iv.