Sign in to follow this  
LFA

Litchfield Spec S - web page now live

I wonder how much this knocks off thr 0-62, anyone want to hazard a guess? and does it whine much?

Its a centrifugal supercharger (like a turbo but powered by a belt rather than an exhaust turbine) rather than a twin screw, which are the sort normally associated with the Mad Max whine (see http://auto.howstuffworks.com/supercharger3.htm), but on the next page it says it does whine as it spins up, http://auto.howstuffworks.com/supercharger4.htm whoops !Alec

Expensive, but in terms of the ratio between £'s spent and increased HP probably better value than most other performance mods out there. Mind you, I think you would also need to budget for some new 8/9" wide rims/tyres if you haven't already got them to make proper use of the gains, and then the price really does start to make your eyes water :eek:

Hmmmmm....does look good....fiitting won't be that much will it? And it won't be the same type or even as loud of a whine will it? I want a proper whine like the VXR Monaro :32 (37):

This is the biggest problem with modifying. You end up increasing wheel and tyre sizes as well as grip levels. Then you upgrade the brakes and whatever else you are doing. You end up with a very quick car, but then you need to go so much faster to have the same fun.Slippery slope!

After reading up on all the tuning packages i.e turbo from Fensport or a supercharger from Litchfield I think I will stay N/A! That is why I bought the 86 after all because of the revvy natural aspirated motor! Fun! Right!If I wanted forced induction I would of bought the closest rival (in terms of a real drivers car) the Renault Megane rs 265! Though a front wheeled drive car it still offers a real drivers feel! More power, torque and for retailing less dosh!But I bought the 86 because it gives you real world performance! You can spank it to the red within the legal limits whilst having a mega grin!I am a normal bloke not a Button or Hamilton and I wouldn't be chasing the best hot laps on the Track. (Just be on there for fun).I am not saying I would never consider either package in the future but for now I am loving my 86 the way it is!Just a few bolt on's will do! Tires, induction and maybe a exhaust will treat me right I say! I am certainly considering Litchfields 25BHP package. Still keeping it N/A too! Last point our GT 86's are Top Gear's car of the year 2012 for a reason!On the other hand different strokes for other folks lol