Sign in to follow this  
Mark@Abbey M/S

Abbey Motorsport Sprintex SC kits upgrades

Prices for the Abbey Sprintex SC kitsINTERCOOLED KITPosted ImageNON INTERCOOLED KITPosted ImageThe above prices are 1 off costs.NON intercooler comes with a 80mm pulley Intercooled kit comes with a 75mm pulley.If we get 5 orders together I can reduce the costs by £250-00 each (non intercoler or intercooled)If you already have a ECUTEK license remove this costs from estimate;I am also willing to supply the kits for you to fit with a ECUTEK cable with a base start map to use.Costs are the same as above.Cables will be £240-00 INC VAT + License if needed.I like to change the oil and filter while fitting the kit for a better quality oil.To get the full gains from the SC kit , the cars doe need a 2nd Cat delete pipe and full exhaust system.If you order the kit before the 27th September I can do a deal on the exhaust set up this is priced on another thread that I will be posting up soon.Posted Imagethanks

So we are talking Sprintex supercharger and intercooled, with 75mm pulley. Sits on top of the motor, sort of mad max style (its aussie after all,) intercooler under the front grille as you would expect.But enough technical stuff , so what about the drive?I loved it :32 (38):It might be cliché, but supercharging does suit the car and keeping the character of the car has always been an aim of my project. My thoughts:+ you REALLY notice the performance improvement, even with Mark and I on board; one-up would be even better. I would be as bold as to say that it transforms the car and feels genuinely rapid on the pedal.+ you get much more pull low down and the car is much more flexible and rapid driven in gear. The slow wind up is no more and revs and speed build quickly.+ great linear delivery and it feels like a much bigger motor. I was imagining getting on the power out of my favourite track curves!+ going to give you way more overtaking opportunity and allows for quicker decisions than the stock car where I find you have to plan carefully!+ off the beans, or in town, it drives as well and flexibly as the stock car+ oh, and noise is fantastic and adds so much character.Issues for me to resolve;? weight and its position; the supercharger looks fairly meaty and given its location I want to understand the weight issue a little. May be an easy offset with some lighter-weight components elsewhere at the front. Not a biggee though.? oil cooler; defo for me given my track addiction and Mark is working on a solution to go in the fog light position.Ok, so there are some refinements to do to the package but I was well impressed and it just felt right for the car.Decisions, decisions......................................................:32 (37):Is that Pitman I hear circling overhead with a turbo fuelled response:32 (18):

So we are talking Sprintex supercharger and intercooled, with 75mm pulley. Sits on top of the motor, sort of mad max style (its aussie after all,) intercooler under the front grille as you would expect.But enough technical stuff , so what about the drive?I loved it :32 (38):It might be cliché, but supercharging does suit the car and keeping the character of the car has always been an aim of my project. My thoughts:+ you REALLY notice the performance improvement, even with Mark and I on board; one-up would be even better. I would be as bold as to say that it transforms the car and feels genuinely rapid on the pedal.+ you get much more pull low down and the car is much more flexible and rapid driven in gear. The slow wind up is no more and revs and speed build quickly.+ great linear delivery and it feels like a much bigger motor. I was imagining getting on the power out of my favourite track curves!+ going to give you way more overtaking opportunity and allows for quicker decisions than the stock car where I find you have to plan carefully!+ off the beans, or in town, it drives as well and flexibly as the stock car+ oh, and noise is fantastic and adds so much character.Issues for me to resolve;? weight and its position; the supercharger looks fairly meaty and given its location I want to understand the weight issue a little. May be an easy offset with some lighter-weight components elsewhere at the front. Not a biggee though.? oil cooler; defo for me given my track addiction and Mark is working on a solution to go in the fog light position.Ok, so there are some refinements to do to the package but I was well impressed and it just felt right for the car.Decisions, decisions......................................................:32 (37):Is that Pitman I hear circling overhead with a turbo fuelled response:32 (18):

Great write up :) In fact, you could have mostly been describing driving the Fensport AVO turbo car, except none of you issues concerns exist with the turbo (at least re the weight and position). :)

This is Marks thread, so I don't want to start a SC vs. TC debate in it, and mess it up. What I will say is, my car is booked back into Fensport the week of Monday 14th October (after Adrian gets back from Oz) to have the 3" Ultimate Racing rear exhaust fitted, and for the full stage 3 mapping to be done. After that, I intend taking my car to Abby (already been agreed with Mark) for him to put it on his dyno, so a direct comparison can be made with the Supercharger kit. I will obviously let Mark drive my car (and hopefully he will let me drive his), and then a true direct comparison can be made of the two systems.I also plan on going to the meet in Coseley on the 9th November, so anyone who goes as well will be welcome to try the best FI solution for themselves :)

This is Marks thread, so I don't want to start a SC vs. TC debate in it, and mess it up. What I will say is, my car is booked back into Fensport the week of Monday 14th October (after Adrian gets back from Oz) to have the 3" Ultimate Racing rear exhaust fitted, and for the full stage 3 mapping to be done. After that, I intend taking my car to Abby (already been agreed with Mark) for him to put it on his dyno, so a direct comparison can be made with the Supercharger kit. I will obviously let Mark drive my car (and hopefully he will let me drive his), and then a true direct comparison can be made of the two systems.I also plan on going to the meet in Coseley on the 9th November, so anyone who goes as well will be welcome to try the best FI solution for themselves :)

Dont forget to compare the cost of the mods when making this comparison!