Mark@Abbey M/S

Abbey Motorpsort and Tony Gillam

On the 8th of August we nearly lost the founder of this great family business, Tony had a fairly slow speed off from his motorbike but unfortunately the injuries he received during the accident have meant he is still under hospital care. His true strength and pure grit have brought him back from life threatening injuries. Abbey Motorsport would sincerely like to thank all their valued customers who have stood by us during this difficult time and kept Tony in their thoughts. We are so very grateful to all the Abbey boys, they have truly pulled together allowing Mark & Sarah valuable time out to spend with their Dad and be there to support him as much as possible. Abbey Motorsport have a truly great team, thank you all.Thankfully Tony is improving every day and we are all looking forward to the day he can rejoin us at the workshop, which, he can not wait to do!Abbey Motorsport is still open for business as usual.

Over 8 weeks have passed since Tony my Dad had his accident , he is now home recuperating, still having Physio and therapy session but today was the 1st time he came back to the Abbey Motorsport headquarters;Made me have a tear in my eye to see him sat at his desk and in the workshop;He is getting so much better sure it wont be long before he is back in his engine building room.Posted Image

Sorry to fetch up an old thread folks but a few days short of 8 mths from the date
Of my bike accident I thought it was maybe time to tell fellow Skyline enthusiasts where I am in my recovery particularly as I have heard rumours of my permanent retirement!

I suffered a fractured skull,fractured neck as well as several contusions/bleeds to my brain in a relatively low speed accident. I was lucky in that my son was following me and with the help of a passing fireman saved me from choking on my vommit and swallowing my tongue....
When the air ambulance arrived I was quickly diagnosed as having Traumatic Brain Injury and luckily for me was placed in an induced coma very quickly.

This coupled with not having to have any intrusive surgery has unboutable allowed a remarkable recovery!

So at this stage of my recovery I am back at work mostly assembling engines and general duties and have been allowed to drive again and therefore to sample the thrill of these wonderful cars which I have been sampling for 24yrs!

I still like to talk to fellow petrol heads and some of the best therapy I have had is just that! So please drop in for a cuppa and a chat...I will be so pleased to.

see you!
Tony Gillam