Sign in to follow this  
LFA

AVO turbo questions

I know that Keith has a high flow cat which is in the secondary cat position. No idea on the weight, sorry. Adrian is currently in Brazil, but maybe someone else will have the answer. Finger in the wind guess says about 15kgs, I could be wrong though, perhaps Keith may have a better idea?

Either the primary cat (in the exhaust mainfold) or the secondary cat (in the midpipe) is sufficient to meet the UK MOT emissions needs on the n/a car. Both is an overkill, specifically to meet US requirements (I think..)My HFC (200 cel) and midpipe weighs in at less than 8 kilos I think - if you phone Ian at Hayward & Scott in Basildon he'll most likely be able to give you a precise weight. I've yet to have my turbo'd car tested for emissions..Spec K

Yes to oil cooler... I have the Koyo oversize water rad on order with Fensport, although we will be looking at whether it will fit.. the intercooler and the pipework for the turbo makes it pretty tight on space..

Yes to oil cooler... I have the Koyo oversize water rad on order with Fensport' date=' although we will be looking at whether it will fit.. the intercooler and the pipework for the turbo makes it pretty tight on space..[/quote'] What arrangement do the 2 Fensport cars have? I presume the track car has significant cooling. I am really obsessed about heat.

Don't be. Adrian is reckoning on 360-odd bhp on the GT86R and is running (at present) std water rad plus average oil cooler . No aircon rad, so airflow is improved... but it will become an issue on road/trackday cars as opposed to 'sprint' cars, I agree..Like Dave (Pitman), I'm looking to improve cooling - Koyo oversize water rad and a 'tweaked' size/layout oil cooler - Adrian runs without foglight and ducts airflow that way. I'm looking to 'offset' the oil rad into an airflow 'channel' adjacent to the intercooler which we've reviewed... requires different pipe connections... this is theory, not yet evaluated.. however, an oil cooler adds nigh-on 1litre of extra oil (18% more than standard) to cooling fluids... significant..(Won't affect you pudding-stirring guys but I've got to look at auto transmission cooling as well... ick!)Spec K

Don't be. Adrian is reckoning on 360-odd bhp on the GT86R and is running (at present) std water rad plus average oil cooler . No aircon rad, so airflow is improved... but it will become an issue on road/trackday cars as opposed to 'sprint' cars, I agree..Like Dave (Pitman), I'm looking to improve cooling - Koyo oversize water rad and a 'tweaked' size/layout oil cooler - Adrian runs without foglight and ducts airflow that way. I'm looking to 'offset' the oil rad into an airflow 'channel' adjacent to the intercooler which we've reviewed... requires different pipe connections... this is theory, not yet evaluated.. however, an oil cooler adds nigh-on 1litre of extra oil (18% more than standard) to cooling fluids... significant..(Won't affect you pudding-stirring guys but I've got to look at auto transmission cooling as well... ick!)Spec K

LOL pudding-stirring