Keethos

American TV

I spend a fair bit of time watching american TV so thought I'd share some of the ones I'm currently watching and a brief description:Dexter - Absolutely Awesome! Even more so that Yvonne Strahovski in the later series. Dexter is a blood splat analyst for the Miami Police who has urges to kill, but by following a "code" he only targets criminals.Posted ImageBreaking Bad - Awesome! Chemistry teacher who gets cancer and in order to pay for treatment, decides to use his chemistry knowledge to make meth and ultimately becomes a make shift drug dealer.Posted ImageSuits - Bloody Awesome! Funny and snappy banter law firm series revolving around a young lad who has an eidetic memory and uses it to pass the bar test for people but ultimately becomes a lawyer, though he's passed the bar many times, he doesn't actually have a law degree.Posted ImageBurn Notice - Awesome! A burnt spy (disavowed by the U.S. government) who tries to find out why he was burnt ends up doing jobs for people who are in trouble. Kinda robin hood/oceans 11 style jobs with descriptive monologue of how spy's do things.Posted ImageHomeland - Due to return on 29th September. Pretty Good! A Marine finally returns home after being a captive in Iraq for 8 years, only to be suspected of being a terrorist by a single Intelligence Officer. Very "24" feel to it but just not as much action (24 was an awesome series too by the way)Posted ImageI've got a load of other programs that I watch but all have finished and won't be starting up again till later this year.Discuss....................

i would like to add my own 2 cents, aside from Dexter and Burn Notice, which i think are brilliant (and Breaking Bad probably is too, but i've so far not seen any of it):NCIS: if you've ever seen CSI and liked it, this is right up your alley. Crime investigation within the US Navy (and sometimes outside of it), with a fair amount of humour sprinkled over it.Posted ImageBones: Forensic anthropologist Temperance "Bones" Brennan and her team of scientists at the Jeffersonian Institute work with FBI agent Seeley Booth to solve crimes. Every episode revolves around solving a case through examination of skeletal remains. A fair amount of humour is also derived from Brennan's inability to comprehend common social situations.Posted ImageThe Finder: From the creator of Bones. Walter Sherman can find anything. And i mean ANYTHING. If you could give him a good enough reason, he will find your virginity and give it back to you. Unfortunately this series has only gotten 1 season before it was cancelled. The death of Michael Clarke Duncan, who plays Leo Knox, might have had something to do with this.Posted ImageThe Big Bang Theory: Physicists Leonard and Sheldon get a new neighbor, Penny. Hilarious situations follow.Posted ImageThe Newsroom: Currently in it's 2nd season. Follow the production of quality news behind the scenes. Global topics that are covered include BP oil rig Deepwater Horizon, the death of Osama Bin Laden, the overthrowing of the Egyptian government and the disaster at Fukushima.Posted ImageKey & Peele: Sketch show with and narrated by Keegan Michael Key and Jordan Peele. Guaranteed to have you peeing your pants at least 3 times per episode. Examples are Barack Obama and his anger translator Luther, and the College East-West Bowl. If you follow the NFL at least a bit, you should look this last one up on Youtube. You will not regret it.Posted ImageI'm sure there are still many others, but those are the ones i like the most at this point in time.

My main shows at the moment are:Breaking BadFalling SkiesTeen WolfBut the rest of my shows are coming back in September/October:ArrowNew GirlBig Bang TheoryNikitaRevolutionHomelandBeauty and the BeastGame of ThronesAnd here are a couple of amazing ones that have now finished :(FringeOne Tree HillStargate UniverseAnd a couple that are starting this year:Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.Almost HumanThe Tomorrow People

Thought I'd give a bit of an update with some of the programs that I've been watching as some of them have either finished for good or have just finished this season and wanted to vent my thoughts.....

SEMI SPOILERS TO FOLLOW!!!

Dexter has now finished for good I believe after 8 long seasons, most of it was pretty good but it did have some ups and down but the final episode was by far the worst and most disappointing ending to a series I thoroughly enjoyed, it went from bad to worse and the choices and plot twists they put in there were just stupid/terrible and didn't make sense or just simply didn't work.......proper gutted.

Breaking Bad has also finished for good after 5 seasons and again, it was a pretty good series that I enjoyed.  It was a lil slow in some areas but it definitely picked up with some awesome and epic scenes.....and the final scene was definitely one of them.  I can say that I'm satisfied with how it ends though it would have been nice to know what happens to other certain characters afterwards.

Burn Notice also finished for good after 7 seasons and overall, finished on a good note....but the process getting there went horribly wrong and a lot of it didn't seem right or made little sense....but chances are that the makers of the show knew they were being canned and kinda hashed the ending together....that's what I reckon anyways for a poorly executed season.

Homeland had it's season finale the other week for season 3 and I've got to say....was not impressed.  Absolutely nothing happens for a full hour and the end was sooooo slow and it really really dragged.....the show it quite slow and not a lot happens anyways but the season finale was even worse.

Sons of Anarchy had it's season finale too for season 6 and I've got to say......WOW......this show usually has an awesome and epic season finale and this season did not disappoint.....even though it was relatively predictable....I still wasn't ready for what happened at the end......awesome stuff!

Yeah, overall it was a good series and I'm glad that they ended it properly for a series that was getting canned (unlike a lot of other series that get canned and end on a stupid cliff hanger that will never get resolved).

Hmmm....I read from a couple of sources that they cancelling the show and weren't renewing it for another season.....either, the last season still felt rushed and wasn't that great so savour seasons 5 and 6 while you still can  ;)

Also, those who are looking for something new to watch and are into their superheroes, definitely recommend Arrow which is from the makers of SmallVille.....I blitzed through about 30 odd episodes (a season and a half) within a week.....courtesy of being away on business with lonely nights in a hotel with a relatively decent TV that I could hook my laptop upto  :D