Sign in to follow this  
Keethos

Midland/Northern Camera Install Session

Hi all,As many of you are aware, Jay (GT86Jay) is offering a service to install reversing cameras for fellow GT86 owners and we know that there are currently quite a few people up in the Midland/Northern region who wish to get one installed. As it will be quite a journey for Jay, we're going to plan ahead and make sure that we can get enough people together for a particular weekend who wish to have a camera fitted. So here's the plan:- We're looking at doing the installs over 2 days on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd September (if no one can make either of these days, then there is a possibility of doing it on the 28th & 29th which is the weekend after)- Rich (riceburner) from RRG Toyota Macclesfield has kindly offered their garage to host these installs - Hibel Rd, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 2AB- The installs will be £150 but we ask that a £30 deposit is made as we order the parts in, which will include the camera, cables, grommets, plugs etc- It will take roughly 2 hours to installIf you are interested, please PM Jay (GT86Jay) with your interests, available dates and deposit before the 27th August as the cameras and parts will be ordered upon confirmation, any later than this and we can't guarantee all the parts will arrive before the 21st September as the cameras come from overseas.If we can't get enough people to come, then we'll change the plan slightly but it will probably be just myself doing the installs instead.Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.Kind Regards,Keith

Hi All,We;re now going for the 2nd date. 28th & 29th September now, To give a little extra time for delivery and commitments. If anyone is interested please email me and pay deposit in the next couple of days. PM me on here will be the best option. If PM is being an issue, leave a post on this thread. Or Facebook me. /jayashleysmithJay

I wouldn't mind it, but to be fair... I'm poor and i don't know how long i will keep the standard headunit for.. But i may pop up to say helloooo. Spose it's only fair to pay the northerners a visit every now and then and feed them cheese & pickle sarnies or whatever you funny bunch eat up there :rolleyes:

Go for one Rob! It's awesome. ;) Chances are the new head-unit will have reverse camera input anyway :)Last chance to order cameras this weekend.

If anyone else is interested please PM me so that I can order camera ready for shipping on Monday.

I am going to order two spare, so maybe room if someone changes their mind last minute. But don't rely on that.

Do it Rob, it's guna be fun, will stick up a meet thread at some point to let people know that besides the installs, would be good to have a mini meet as well!

I can't make this, completely forgot it was my parents wedding anniversary this weekend and i need to attend a party even though i really couldn't care less ;)Hope all goes well with the installs guys.

If anyone wishes to use our guest room and go out for a meal on the Saturday night then please let me know. Have a guest room and a rather large comfy sofa if any others want putting up. I do a mean breakfast too. ;)Thinking about it, would be good to have a social. Anyone fancy a curry?

Keen Lauren!! I won't be needing a place to stay as I have a mate over in Huddersfield who will be putting up with me wondering in and out of his place for the weekend :32 (17):I'll put up a mini meet thread for Saturday and Sunday once I've got some confirmation from Jay and Rich!

I really do appreciate the offer Lauren, but Huddersfield to Macclesfield is only an hour away (better than 2 from Warwick) and I'm sure that Jay and Rob would need your hospitality more than me as they're having to travel a lot further.But I'm keen for an afternoon cruise down some passes, followed by some awesome curry in the evening of the Saturday, then the installs and a mini meet at Rich's place on the Sunday....sound like a plan?

My mate Ross is coming across from Belfast Saturday night and already has dibs on my spare room, but I'll definitely be unavailable until late Saturday as I'll be moving servers at work, we are starting on Friday so hope to have got it done by Saturday, Sunday is our its all gone to rats hit contingency day that I'm hoping we don't have to useAlec

It was great to meet everyone (and yes, I've just registered!), many thanks to Richard at RRG for the fantastic hospitality, although some of those fast corners on the drive afterwards with a spare set of winters and rims sliding in the back are an 'experience' even with the traction control firmly on! Cheers to Jay for the camera install, I backed into my drive for thge first time coming home confident that I wasn't going to squash the wheelie bin (our council charge almost as much as a new GT86 for a replacement!) :)

Great to meet you, Jim and yes, I had forgotten you had those tyres in the back, I'll bet they were flying around. Twas a really nice meet and always good to have blat up to the Cat. :)If there's another one of these I'll go for a camera install. :+:

It was good see you all again today and great to see new faces too, glad you're all happy with the camera installs. The question is Captain Duff, did you a) feel that Lauren bullied you into joining this club :32 (17): and B) was your son egging you on to go faster after he's spent most of the day racing around in a virtual GT86 all day? :32 (18): still love the fact that Alec took his Xbox, steering wheel and monitor along....think your missing a trick there Rich, get more customers in I reckon if you had a nice setup in the showroom for people to "Demo".....even though it'll be an FR-S rather than a proper GT86 :32 (28):Lauren, I'm sure either Jay or myself could sort something out....though you have the luxury of either looking at getting a proper pioneer camera or possibly still using one of these cheap Chinese ones for your install.