keelerad

Day out to Yorkshire, Sunday 11th August 2013

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1990[/ATTACH]Squires-cafe it is then, 11:30am on Sunday the 11th. Squires can be found on the B1222 at Newthorpe near Sherburn in Elmet in West Yorkshire just off Junction 42 on the A1(M) Postcode for your Sat Navs is LS25 5LX https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...2864,-1.288901For those coming across from the North West For those from Manchester area we could meet at Birch services eastbound on the M62. Postcode OL10 2HQ They have Costa, for breakfast if people fancy it. It's an hour from there to the meeting point at Squires cafe. So reckon 10am at Birch services makes sense. :)Above shamelessly robbed from posts by Keith and LaurenAlec

Well, not a bad turn out today. Really nice to put yet more names to faces and have a bit of a natter. The weather did go a bit Yorkshire on us at times and after being rained off at the Squires cafe, we opted for a short 40 mile drive north. Alec and Dave shot off, I knew the convoy was going to struggle as I had about ten cars behind me. So I just followed the sat nav which meant a fair old slog up the none too interesting A1M. Still Alec and Dave hadn't faired that much better. But, at least we were met with a smattering of good roads in places. I think the distance we covered meant avoiding motorways was a touch more difficult.

Still, some scenery was seen. We stopped at Masham and ended up having a pub lunch. The weather really didn't play ball and chips were close to floating off the plate at one stage!

We then went on a great bit of road, a bit hampered by other road users and stopped at a farm for ice cream. Mark and I headed back not long after we got there and had an absolute corker of a drive back to Masham, seemingly unspoilt by other traffic. :)

We managed 230 odd miles over the course of the day, not bad going I think. I know there were others with far more impressive mileages like Faith and Keith.

It was a shame to lose Sam, no idea how he fell out of the convoy on the way out after the initial meet.

We need more northern meet ups! Posted Image

I didn't really take any pics as such, but here's one that came out better than I thought it would. This is the Manchester contingent refuelling at Birch services.

Posted Image

Here's a v.short video of us in Masham (pronounced Massam apparently according to Habu(pete) and some photosFew seconds of video of us at Masham

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ofMSsCX0A

Some picsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageOh and my TomTom doesn't seem to like YorkshireThis was my route back home, the first bit was epic (wait for the video) then the M6 was at least quick as no 50 mph limithttps://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ms...d989efce&msa=0Yes I really did do that little loop to Muker and back (chopper said from Hawes head for Muker and I went all the way there)Alec

It was great catching up with all, some new faces again. Was a real shame about the weather and it stayed pretty nice after we had all left as well as the bloomin slow Sunday drivers. Got to say though, couldn't not believe how busy that Ice Cream place was.Was actually thinking about joining Alec but needed to make my way back, got home about 8 but that's cos I decided not to take the motorway home, instead, took me down a couple of dual carriageways and a load of 50mph roads with bloomin speed cameras in the hopes for a more entertaining drive home.Next time we need a proper run up the Buttertubs Pass or down the Cat & Fiddle + Snakes Pass. Did you enjoy it Alec?

Had a great time yesterday, it was fab meeting new people, and having a chat :-)I've tried to upload my photos a couple of times, but it keeps crashing, so will try again later :-)