Sign in to follow this  
Keethos

Essex Meet - 04 August 2013

Hi everyone,Another update of another meet with another pretty good turnout. First off, nice to meet some new faces, some old faces and faces that I had literally met the day before :32 (38): 10 Turned up to begin with at the Halfway House for a couple of quick snaps. Turns out there was some sort of other meet there as there was a very nice red Mercedes SLS parked behind us (sadly I didn't take a pics of it) but the geeza had SLS as the last 3 letters of his reg the slag, there was also a 350z, a couple of (last generation?) Mustangs there too. Here are some pics:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWe then all set off to The Lion restaurant, sadly while everyone else went on some awesome route, I followed Keith who instead of following everyone else, took a short cut cos we were behind a lil which mean getting stuck behind slow Sunday drivers and a tractor that was close to driving over me on a round about. Had a pretty nice lunch and while while we lost 1 GT86, Ian miraculously turned up just while we were about to leave....so technically we had 11 GT86's at this meet....though still no complete set of colours as we were missing a black....and no pesky BRZs :32 (18):After that, we headed over to the A12 Karting arena read to do battle.....while Keith was hassling the poor lass there for more discounts and Ian tried to pay with Euros and US Dollas :32 (18): 10 lap qualifier and I managed to get the 2nd fastest lap which I'm chuffed with....even with the handicap (excess mass :32 (39):), this meant that I started 2nd to last. This then followed quickly with a 30 lap race with about 9 of us on track which was painful, my arms were killing me! At the end, I came 4th with again, the 2nd fastest time. Steve came 3rd, Jay came 2nd (but he did get the fastest lap) and Ian came 1st....so congrats to them!

Looks good, i was going to come but thought i'd be unwelcomed by a select few so stayed at home. Glad you had a good time, where is Jay? he's vanished off the forums!

Looks good' date=' i was going to come but thought i'd be unwelcomed by a select few so stayed at home.[/quote']I second Ian, you should have come. It was a meet for GT86 drivers, not only for GT86 drivers from 1 particular forum. You would have been more than welcome Rob, you would have enjoyed it, so defo come along next time :-) Life's too short to care what a "few select" think.

Yeah Rob, you should have come along mate, I mean I'm not a big fan of this Faith person who seems to be following me up and down the country but I still showed up :32 (18):Only joking faith :32 (17):

I mean I'm not a big fan of this Faith person who seems to be following me up and down the country but I still showed up :32 (18):Only joking faith :32 (17):

hahaha, so you down south on Saturday? now that would start being a bit creepy lolRob, are you free on Saturday? as there is another southern mini meet being organised for Saturday, still waiting on venue agreement though :-)

Seems like you're officially more hardcore than me, I'm up in Bradford the for weekend so won't be able to pop down for the mini meet! But will see you Sunday though!