Tom21

Extended wheel studs

So I've been wanting to fit some ~20mm spacers to my brz but with my wheels on at the moment the studs only poke through just enough to be safe, so I was after some that were about 25mm longer, but everywhere I've looked online just states "extended" I mean if they are long enough that would be great but I'm hesitant to order them without knowing the size, does anyone have any experience with these?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

What you need is hubcentric bolt on spacers. I also use Eibach spacers, using their 'system 4' setup. The spacer bolts directly to your hub with studs being pressed into the spacer which you bolt the wheel to. You will only need to replace wheel studs for extended ones for slip on type spacers, or anything below 15mm (as there isn't enough material to make the spacer strong enough to have its own studs).

Yeah I have brought some jap speed 25mm spacers to try it out, unfortunately with my Desmond Regamasters the wheel pockets are ever so slightly too small and the studs from the hub foul on the wheel, I could cut the studs down but then I would never get my wheel to fit without the spacers and I don't know if the tyres will rub with the spacers so I can't chance it, also my original studs have been through alot of abuse and so I've been getting wheel nuts stuck on causing the stud to sheer when trying to get the wheel off.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk