Sign in to follow this  
BRZ2

BRZ / FR-S / FT86 Vent Integrated Digital Interface

ahh yes sorry i got a reply from them' date=' it's only the trim that is LHD (I'd be inclined to say it makes no odds), perhaps we should try to get a discount buy? :)[/quote']I did suggest this to them myself, but didnt say anything until you had seen it.

Guest Guest

Only AFR and oil temp though. TBH I'm going to do my own in a similar vein for less that has both oil temp and pressure. I'll lose use of the drivers side vent, but that doesn't bother me as I never use it anyway. A replacement vent is only £16 from CTP so DIY is a viable option IMO. This is what my vent will end up housing: http://photos.motoiq.com/MotoIQ/Industry/NewProducts/i-fSJkbLv/0/L/Innovate-Motorsports-Digital-L.jpg

Guest Guest
Interesting' date=' you are going to have to block off the airway behind it though.[/quote']Why? It should just be a straight install, it's not like the air could blow the gauge out, or that blocking the vent is not ideal..... it'd be no different to just closing off as they are.

I've had people who have had them in the vents and the heat doesn't do them much good in the winter is all. What i'm saying is it's not ideal, then again, the climate system in this car isn't it's greatest aspect so it may not be an issue. I'd keep an eye on it anyhow, it could affect the reading it gives.

Guest Guest

I'd have assumed that they would be heat tested and protected. Maybe it was the quality of their gauges? The Innovate ones are pretty good. Either way, maybe I'll just add a blanking plate behind the gauge in the vent assembly itself.