Sign in to follow this  
bavis

dash speakers

Hi I have a supercharged 2013 gt86 full bodykit,S/Steel straight through exhaust,modified suspension and wheels and 255/40/18 tyres,all good so far,it was original base spec with dash tweeters but no dash speakers,Installed Xtrons double din head unit,connected 4 speakers with ISO block all working,installed 4" dash speakers and wired in back of head unit using RCA plugs to L&R RCA outlets in back of unit but no sound,I know the speakers work(they are new)checked all wiring but nothing,tweeters are wired in with door speakers as in original  HELP

The RCA connections you're plugged into are almost certainly pre-outs, so they aren't powerful enough to drive speakers on their own. You'll need an amplifier if you want to use them to power your speakers.

5 minutes ago, Neil-h said:

The RCA connections you're plugged into are almost certainly pre-outs, so they aren't powerful enough to drive speakers on their own. You'll need an amplifier if you want to use them to power your speakers.

That's what I said in my deleted post. However, having looked at the Xtron spec it seems the speakers ARE connected on an RCA breakout cable. There is a post on the Xtron forums about someone having trouble getting one of the pair of speakers to work. Perhaps that's the place to ask?

http://bbs.xtrons.com/index.php?sid=accab9ab3107a20a851469a402dc57c2

However this works, surely you'll be missing a crossover for the new dash speakers? You don't want to send full range to them.

Suprised you managed to fit 4" speakers in the dash

You haven't provided the model of the HU so not sure how anyone is going to be able to help. Agree with Twigman; xtrons forum is going to be more helpful for you.

Hi tried the forum your link but the forum has no post later then September last year and you cannot post new topics so obviously no longer being used,my xtrons model is TD619G and everyone so far said the RCA speaker outlets on the back will only work if the wires come from external amp,I was going to splice into wires in ISOblock which has speaker wires from rear and door speakers but was told because this reduces the OHM rating I could end up damaging the unit,is this true,if so looks like I will have to buy a 2 channel amp so I can use the dash speakers DoH!!Clive