Sign in to follow this  
Gray

Delivery Times / Dealer Discounts

Thinking of changing my 2014 for a new one. Anyone purchased a new GT86 recently who can give any indication of lead times and dealer discounts.

Not bought recently but would recommend you get some quotes through the brokers - carwow, broadspeed, drivethedeal. Then take the best one to your nearest dealer and ask them to match it. Discounts used to be reasonable, from memory I got about 12% on a car that was built to order.

Delivery times will depend on whether the spec you want is already in the country, best case a couple of weeks if it is, worst case 2-3 months if it isn't. I completely mistimed my order and waited 4 months.

Delivery on factory orders seems pretty slow I'm currently awaiting delivery on a Blue Edition with the Performance Pack , order placed early November, current ETA 5th April , so you could be looking around 5 months (but I guess could just have been bad timing) ,  I didn't have a lot of luck on discounts including via carwow etc , some reasonable discounts on list for a cash sale or via own finance, but most of  the dealer finance offered was expensive and hiked the overall price again.  As I  won't be doing much on the mods front,  the most cost-effective option for me (by a good margin) was leasing it through my business,