Jamie_GRMN

TSS - Croft - 2nd September

9 hours ago, GraemeI said:

LOL - you're not kidding @Lauren :P  I need to get a better handle on a lot of things, including my life, but that's another forum :P

I have changed some settings, based on what I thought would be a good setting - it's not miles off yours, but quite different rates - my inner is almost 1/2 the outer :) 

I think the below are what mine look like.

Longitundinal G

image.png.9756875dd83e96b488c1c9d5d12b83a6.pngimage.png.673d39cc54e1903d9fd94fcae705364d.png

Lateral G

image.png.e3edf19409cdb2f6d58d41ddd6cf68a7.pngimage.png.bed47070b1665ded437484e85ff4b103.png

What is the extra column in yours showing the 1's and 0's ?

I think after I solve my brake problem, I will get my geo tweaked again, as I think a little more camber in the rear would have stopped those silly off's.  Once that is done, I will have a chat with Yukiko (and maybe go visit - it's only 45 mins) to see if I have done it right :D 

Interesting on your increased damper rate on the rear - what effect does that have?  I do run the same spring rates as when I spoke to Adrian and told him what sort of characteristics I was after, he suggested the 5kg front.  I ended up with both, but not tried the 6kg yet.

I can't remember what the extra column is, just ignore that.  Mike posted the correct one, I just posted what I could find on my laptop, it was over four years ago. 

The increased damping on the rear was a balance issue. Adrian recommended it after testing. Three of us had this done at the same time. The others have all sold their cars on now. It will just mean the rear is a bit stiffer which is why I run the EDFC settings the same front and rear. 6kg up front will give more understeer. I was the first to use 5kg spring rates up front, because I wanted to weight transfer under braking and I thought having a 5kg spring rate would help with this. It did. At the time Yukiko had to get it agreed and the air freighted my 5kg springs over from Yokohama. A few other people opted for them over the years which is when TEIN named it the 'Lauren Spring Rate', which always makes me chuckle. 

Why not try my settings and see what you think? I played with mine over a period of about four months before coming up with those settings. I tried loads of different settings when I first got it fitted. 

8 hours ago, Lauren said:

The increased damping on the rear was a balance issue. Adrian recommended it after testing. Three of us had this done at the same time. The others have all sold their cars on now. It will just mean the rear is a bit stiffer which is why I run the EDFC settings the same front and rear. 6kg up front will give more understeer. I was the first to use 5kg spring rates up front, because I wanted to weight transfer under braking and I thought having a 5kg spring rate would help with this. It did. At the time Yukiko had to get it agreed and the air freighted my 5kg springs over from Yokohama. A few other people opted for them over the years which is when TEIN named it the 'Lauren Spring Rate', which always makes me chuckle. 

Why not try my settings and see what you think? I played with mine over a period of about four months before coming up with those settings. I tried loads of different settings when I first got it fitted. 

Interesting on the damping - did it basically increase the base compression and rebound by 20% when set to 'soft' / 64?  So it would be the equivalent of it being set to 51.2 as stock and then adjust from there?  I assume they did it with valving or something?

I went for the 'Lauren spring rate' after recommendation and a lot of reading, as I really wanted to eliminate understeer, which I think I have mostly succeeded in doing :)  So now I want to focus on the rear to try tame it a little for the fast corners. It's mostly fine in the slower ones, apart from the typical power on oversteer.

Part of the challenge of course is that we all drive differently, so what works for you may not be great for someone else.  It does sound like we have similar tendencies though, so definitely worth a shot :)  I will load your settings into my G1 sections and see what they feel like - I can't make it much worse than going off! :P 

59 minutes ago, GraemeI said:

Interesting on the damping - did it basically increase the base compression and rebound by 20% when set to 'soft' / 64?  So it would be the equivalent of it being set to 51.2 as stock and then adjust from there?  I assume they did it with valving or something?

I went for the 'Lauren spring rate' after recommendation and a lot of reading, as I really wanted to eliminate understeer, which I think I have mostly succeeded in doing :)  So now I want to focus on the rear to try tame it a little for the fast corners. It's mostly fine in the slower ones, apart from the typical power on oversteer.

Part of the challenge of course is that we all drive differently, so what works for you may not be great for someone else.  It does sound like we have similar tendencies though, so definitely worth a shot :)  I will load your settings into my G1 sections and see what they feel like - I can't make it much worse than going off! :P 

Yes, basically that as I didn't want understeer either. It worked pretty well along with the geo setup in that respect. Yeah, give my settings a go, see how you get on. I would be interested to hear what you think. :)

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Yes, basically that as I didn't want understeer either. It worked pretty well along with the geo setup in that respect. Yeah, give my settings a go, see how you get on. I would be interested to hear what you think. :)

Need to try remember how to do it now !  *looks for manual*