Sign in to follow this  
86-Rich

exhaust system options

hi guys at the moment i have the HKS cat back exhaust,was looking at getting the complete system maniford and front pipe hks as well,the front pipe has no CAT but the maniford does,then was thinking a remap to get rid of the torque dip,my question is do you think it pass emissions mot test with the full hks system? as id only have the CAT in the maniford and the cat back which are both aftermarket? also do you think it would be really loud? as im not after loads of noise :lol:

i just wanted to keep the whole system HKS but the front pipe they only do as a no CAT,so guessing id need a CAT in the maniford at least otherwise it would just fail MOT? even with a CAT on the maniford and the cat back im not sure if it would pass tbh :unsure:

Mine passed its mot with a TD mani and overpipe a stock everything else. Torque dip has become a slight bump and the tone has become fruitier but not really any louder. You could always go the whole HKS system and just slip the second cat in for the mot, its not a massive job unless the HKS is one piece to the overpipe

There's no real benefit of keeping the whole system the same make FWIW. Also the quality and size of cat in the manifold will be the decider of whether it would pass an MOT. As Andrew said, better off with a decent cat in the front pipe and go decatted manifold, but that's just me. Power wise, leaving the OEM front pipe in will "lose" you such a small amount you'd never notice IMO.

35 minutes ago, 86-Rich said:

ok thanks guys looking to find some gains NA route,i know its not easy,i also hear induction kits are pointless as well :(

I wouldn't say pointless. Though, to some, they don't do enough difference to justify a few hundred pounds. For example, Injen EVO2000 kit has proven to gain an increase of 10+bhp. (They're also on offer with us right now. £330 for forum members) :)