ping2084

Wanted: BRZ or GT86

Hi, I'm looking for a car in excellent condition, preferably a stock or mostly stock BRZ. Based near Chichester so South is best, but willing to travel for the right one. Budget up to £20k (at a push ;)). Cheers!

Sorry, should have been more specific in my original post....

Ideally a manual SE Lux. Bluetooth and parking sensors would be nice. I'm not a fan of white or red cars, but realise that the longer my list the less likely I am to find something!

An SE Lux is a BRZ. All GT86's (bar the 27 odd Primo versions) had this spec, though heated seats with leather/alcantara or full leather were options. It's worth having the leather/alcantara option btw. All GT86's had bluetooth and a better head unit than the BRZ. Check out the differences in dash as well as the BRZ had a more poverty spec instrumentation panel compared to the GT86. 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

An SE Lux is a BRZ. All GT86's (bar the 27 odd Primo versions) had this spec, though heated seats with leather/alcantara or full leather were options. It's worth having the leather/alcantara option btw. All GT86's had bluetooth and a better head unit than the BRZ. Check out the differences in dash as well as the BRZ had a more poverty spec instrumentation panel compared to the GT86. 

how does the BRZ have a more poverty spec instrument panel? it displays exactly the same information, only difference is the gt86 has white dials...

9 hours ago, Tareim said:

how does the BRZ have a more poverty spec instrument panel? it displays exactly the same information, only difference is the gt86 has white dials...

Well if you look at the poverty spec GT86 in Japan you can see that the BRZ uses the lesser dials, these are apparent in the water/fuel guages. The back lighting is different on the rev counter on the GT86 and the length of the needles are longer on the fuel/water gauges. It is a cheaper spec instrument panel that is used on the BRZ. 

9 hours ago, Lauren said:

Well if you look at the poverty spec GT86 in Japan you can see that the BRZ uses the lesser dials, these are apparent in the water/fuel guages. The back lighting is different on the rev counter on the GT86 and the length of the needles are longer on the fuel/water gauges. It is a cheaper spec instrument panel that is used on the BRZ. 

Lightweight racing spec dials! Not your boulevard cruiser Toyota granny spec heavyweight dials! ;o)

BRZ SE Lux includes the leather/alcantara and the arm rest. Good news is most BRZs seem to be ordered in Lux spec so 'easy' to find. I say easy, but there are far fewer BRZs to GT86s.