Sign in to follow this  
Minion

Advice on turbo parts

I'm soon going to be turbo'ing  my 86...Finally

I'm trying to get all the extras together so I'm organised for when it goes in to be done. Two of these things I'm not quite sure on, the first is an oil catch can. I have seen plenty of advice to get one of these especially when boosted but unsure which one. I got told the velox one is about the best but it's nearly $400 dollars before shipping and import tax. I was looking also at the Mishimoto one as its much cheaper as easy told get hold off. Can anyone recommend either the Mishimoto one or any others they have fitted to their car?

https://www.part-box.com/mishimoto-baffled-oil-catch-can-toyota-gt86-amp-subaru-brz-mmbcc-brz-13p

The other thing was gauges, I've ordered a dual gauge holder but trying to work out which gauges are best, I'm certain its a boost gauge and an oil pressure (correct me if I'm wrong)

The one's I'm looking at are the Defi ones as from what I've read they are tried and tested with great results, anyone recommend any others that might be worth looking at?

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/defi-52mm-racer-gauges-red.html

Thanks

Jake

36 minutes ago, will300 said:

Velox AOS won't work on RHD without alot of modification.

The one I'd get would be the Radium dual system.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'll have a look into that one now thanks for that, looks like tarmacsportz do it so saves ordering it from the states too!

14 minutes ago, GT86-Ian said:

I have both the Defi boost & oil pressure guages fitted.

20170114_144415.jpg

20170227_134928.jpg

20170227_150122.jpg

Seem's I've ordered the same holder as you from blockhead on facebook (I think that's his name) 

I forgot to ask him what size gauges they hold, are they 52mm?

Also where did you order from? Trying to find the cheapest place