MattR

Aircon part

Hi all, 

Recently bought my 86’ and noticed that the aircon is busted. Toyota have diagnosed it as being a damaged pipe from the Condenser to the Evaporator (and quoted £700 to fix it ofcourse) so I’m going to just buy the part myself and get a local garage that has the gas and will do it for a reasonable price to sort it. However, I’m having trouble finding the right part for it. Does anyone know which of these parts is the one I’m looking for? https://www.subaruparts.com/auto-parts/2015/subaru/brz/limited-trim/2-0l-h4-gas-engine/hvac-cat/condenser-compressor-and-lines-scat

The garage also gave me the part number (TSU 003-A0010) but haven’t been able to find reference to that anywhere else. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, MattR said:

Hi all, 

Recently bought my 86’ and noticed that the aircon is busted. Toyota have diagnosed it as being a damaged pipe from the Condenser to the Evaporator (and quoted £700 to fix it ofcourse) so I’m going to just buy the part myself and get a local garage that has the gas and will do it for a reasonable price to sort it. However, I’m having trouble finding the right part for it. Does anyone know which of these parts is the one I’m looking for? https://www.subaruparts.com/auto-parts/2015/subaru/brz/limited-trim/2-0l-h4-gas-engine/hvac-cat/condenser-compressor-and-lines-scat

The garage also gave me the part number (TSU 003-A0010) but haven’t been able to find reference to that anywhere else. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I wouldn't expect a cheap fix if your aircon gas is the expensive version (R1234yf). The problem you will also find is that 99% of your local garages will not stock this gas and the lowest price I've seen a full regas on the R1234yf is around 200-300. I would establish what gas is used in your GT86 by popping the bonnet and next to the latch you will see aircon sticker which will tell you if you've got R1234yf(Expensive) or R134A(Normal/cheap)

49 minutes ago, Devo said:

I wouldn't expect a cheap fix if your aircon gas is the expensive version (R1234yf). The problem you will also find is that 99% of your local garages will not stock this gas and the lowest price I've seen a full regas on the R1234yf is around 200-300. I would establish what gas is used in your GT86 by popping the bonnet and next to the latch you will see aircon sticker which will tell you if you've got R1234yf(Expensive) or R134A(Normal/cheap)

Hey, yeah I’ve already found a garage over in Walsall that will do the 1234yf for £110 so I’m not worried in that regard. At the moment I’m worried about trying to source the part.

21 minutes ago, don said:

I believe they have given you the wrong part number or it could be a superseded part as I can't find any reference to that. 

I believe they probably gave me their own internal part # as I haven’t been able to find it either - even a garage with access to a Toyota parts list database couldn’t find it - I guess it just references back to a Subaru part any way.

There is also possibility that they gave PN for some set/assembly, not individual part. I'd try to search on your own some online db with schematics & parts list. Eg. i have bookmarked url with online lookup of part numbers for Scion FR-Ses (which share most of parts (including part numbers) with Toyota).

4 hours ago, Church said:

There is also possibility that they gave PN for some set/assembly, not individual part. I'd try to search on your own some online db with schematics & parts list. Eg. i have bookmarked url with online lookup of part numbers for Scion FR-Ses (which share most of parts (including part numbers) with Toyota).

I believe it probably is a set, they said something about it including the seals too.

4 hours ago, don said:

I probably should have mentioned that I've checked Toyota parts catalogue and it doesn't list it in there. They have possibly taken down the wrong P/N when quoting you. You'll find it easier to seach for the part you need by removing the T at the beginning. That's not part of the official P/N but defines to Toyota if it is a Toyota or Lexus P/N.

Ok thanks I’ll have a look! :D

On 01/11/2017 at 1:08 PM, vanko25 said:

Matt 

I have seen a GT86 for aircon repairs at RRG Macclesfield, is it yours? :P

It isn’t no, or at least I hope not! Mine has been in to a garage called Fitch Auto’s in Walsall. You’ve seen some other unfortunate soul to be having aircon issues! :)

In case anyone has this problem in the future, my system has been fixed. It turned out to be one of the compressors and also the daylight sensor (which strangely effects the aircon). My main take away from it is DO NOT GO TO TOYOTA (Bromsgrove) they diagnosed it as a leak in one of the high pressure pipes even though the system was not losing pressure, which either tells me that they didn't pay much attention when doing it, or didn't understand how to fix it - I'm not sure which is worse. Always get a second opinion, if you live around the West Midlands area then Fitch Auto's have been fantastic.