Nemesis

Sub for Touch 2

Any tips on fitting an amp to the toyota touch 2 as for £105 I can get the Alpine PMX-F640 4 which has speaker inputs so I could connect it into the touch 2 & it has a pre-out which I can connect to my sub

https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-alpine-pmx-f640_p-23894.htm?gclid=CjwKCAjw64bPBRApEiwAJhG-fov7U5GWXa8kOofKb08ecxsNVynCadQDXLNOjkKwH-0Q7iQZvm6GKhoCDlwQAvD_BwE

Where would be the best place to put the amp as I’ve put them under the driver’s seat in the past which wouldn’t cause any problems as I would never have a passenger behind me as I like to sit back

Talkaudio would be the best place to go for these questions. It's been a while since I was into car audio, but that amp seems a bit under-powered for a decent sub. The most economical way to power a sub used to be a class D amp, sound quality isn't quite as good as an A/B, but you wouldn't tell the difference on a sub and you get a lot more RMS for your money.

Also the seats in the 86 are really low as it is - if you have your seat quite high you might get away with it, but I'd expect you can't get one under there.

Hi Nemesis,

I installed a Bose sub from Mazda 6 few months back using the std Touch & Go (MY2013). It is a active sub with low level input so I got one of them adapters Hi-Lo and soldered one of the inputs to the driver's side rear speaker (the sub input is mono anyway) and it works fine. 

In your case it will be probably best to tap your amp's Hi inputs  from the back of the head unit. I think it was either the 6 pin or 10 pin connector where the FL and FR sp. outputs were. You can use these wire taps to do so. 

Image result for wire tap