zhuonanli

Squeaky BC Coilovers

Last month I was pretty happy to  get @TTR's  BC BRs coilovers off his hands, didnt get a chance to install it until yesterday.

Got Dave from Fensport to set it all up for me, spent a good 5 hours there watching him tweaking here and there.

After the installation the car looks perfect, dropped slightly and -2 camber all around. Took it on the road and the handling feels much much better so I told Dave im happy then I got on my way home with a smile on my face.

However! Nightmare started.

After 30 miles driving there is suddenly a squeaking noise from the driver side engine bay, like rubber squeaking so I pulled over and checked. Nothing looks wrong, but when i rock about on the car, there is a clear squeak from the top mount bit of the coilover. Squeak squeak squeak. Annoying as hell.

Got home, wheel off, WD40 all around, hoped for the best and the noise is still there!. Squeak squeak squeak.

@TTR is a nice lad and he is going to call Apex(BC RACING UK) regarding to this issue. I mean, the coilovers were only on his car for like 9 months and not that much miles.

Email sent to Dan, asked him to ask Dave for some advice.

This kind of suck coz i was so looking forward to putting the BCs on my car.

Anyone got some good advice?

Or know any good garage around Leicester so they could look at it?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

It mentioned lock rings, these are the one tightened with c-spanners right?

Ive done every nut and bolt on the top hat, didnt check the rings, will give it a try when i get home from work today. But im pretty sure i have seen Dave tighten it really tight. 

1 minute ago, zhuonanli said:

It mentioned lock rings, these are the one tightened with c-spanners right?

Ive done every nut and bolt on the top hat, didnt check the rings, will give it a try when i get home from work today. But im pretty sure i have seen Dave tighten it really tight. 

Yeah, but synthetic motor oil seemed to solve the issue

Just now, Lucas@PartBox said:

Yeah, but synthetic motor oil seemed to solve the issue

In that case, I have some 0-20s for our car in the garage, "top of the pillow mount" meaning camber plate?

1 hour ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

Let me know if it helps.

This is why I bought Cusco :D

Mate I had some pretty bad squeaking on my Ohlins and they're hella expensive :lol:

1 hour ago, Lucas@PartBox said: Let me know if it helps.

This is why I bought Cusco

Mate I had some pretty bad squeaking on my Ohlins and they're hella expensive 

They shouldnt squeak. Its usually the rubber bushes in roll bar mounts that squeak.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Right, Update. BC hasnt really got back, i was playing around with it, now the noise is gone, mainly because i changed the damping and made it really soft, 20 clicks from hard. before was 15 and squeaking. Anyone got any ideas why?