Barry Pelmore

Very reluctant sale of my BRZ

Very reluctant sale of my 2013, 32,000 mile Subaru BRZ due to my health issues not improving sufficiently.

This hugely enjoyable (Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) BRZ is now available for sale. RRG Macclesfield have looked after this car since I bought it in May 2016. They installed a Milltek exhaust and Blitz air cleaner, which have combined to make the mid-range more tractable in this willing, revving engine. I live in Greenfield about 15 miles east of Manchester, although we could discuss meeting elsewhere.

The car has a space saver spare wheel. The car is in excellent condition, WR Blue paint, save a few stone chips to the paintwork as is to be expected in four years. Please see attached photos.

I am pricing the car for sale at £9,970 ovno, which makes it a very affordable fun car for road and track. Four years old and less than £10K.

The cherished number (T4 PGD) – Two Door, 4 Cylinder, Pleasure Going Driving is available by negotiation.

Full 30,000 mile service by RRG on 23rd June 2017 and new MOT from 3rd August 2017.

The standard numbers are as follows:

Engine: 1998cc 4-cylinder Boxer engine. 12:1 compression ratio.

BHP – 197 @7000 rpm

Torque – 151 ft/lbs @ 6400 – 6600 rpm.

Maximum speed – 140 mph (224kmph)

Acceleration – (0-62 mph): 7.6 seconds.

First registered: 25/02/2013

First registered in UK: 01/08/2015

Previous keepers on V5C: 2 since February 2013.

Photos for GT86 & BRZ Forum.docx

30 minutes ago, KelvinS2K said:

Alright pal, could you also give me your contact number / email? 

Cheers

Hi Kelvin,

There is a Word document attached to the post with several photos on it.

My e-mail address is: bjp@pelmore.co.uk and my phone numbers are: 01457 875234 and 07850 732887.

Regards,

Barry.

On 25/08/2017 at 5:06 PM, Barry Pelmore said:

It is.

Are you interested?

I'm not going to lie, I am tempted but to be honest and not waste your time, the idea of a jap import puts me off. I used to work at a Nissan dealer when the 350z first launched and there were a load of fair lady imports knocking around that were different specs and not prepped to the same standard and getting parts was virtually impossible. Once  the U.K. Cars arrived, the fairladys plummeted in value and no one would touch them. I have no idea if things have changed as it was about 14 years ago but it's the only experience I had with imports. 

Hi RichM,

Thanks for your reply and the information it contains. It doesn't make exciting reading, but I have to say that RRG Macclesfield have come up trumps with service and spares every time, even though they are Toyota dealers.

I'll see how I go.

Regards,

Barry.

Edited by Barry Pelmore
Update

As it's an import you'd do well to post up pics of the JDM differences and list how it differs from a UK car. For example, dash, manual air con, fogs, xenon headlights, interior trim etc. Also whether it has an LSD or not. All these things will help with the sale. There are some high spec imports about, but giving the details would certainly help. 

Also clearly stating it's an import in your ad would help too I think. 

53 minutes ago, Barry Pelmore said:

Hi RichM,

Thanks for your reply and the information it contains. It doesn't make exciting reading, but I have to say that RRG Macclesfield have come up trumps with service and spares every time, even though they are Toyota dealers.

I'll see how I go.

Regards,

Barry.

Hi Barry. Please do not interpret my response as in any way derogatory . I just wanted to give you my reason rather than risk coming across as an import snob. As said, that was 14 years ago and things may have changed. I wish you the best of luck with your sale and hope you heath improves too.