Fantastic job, Ade!  OK, now the important bit... Give us an idea of what you like listening to with it :-)

Bob

At the moment not much as I am still tuning.

AC/DC back in black mastered by sterling sound

And Best of ELO Mr Bluesky

But I will listen to a variety once it gets tuned to me liking.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, AJ124 said:

After installing a P99PRS in a customers car this week and reading your thread your going to cost me money @Ade

I've got a saved search on ebay for a 99prs.

But I have evaluated the service manual for both. They use the same analogue sections but different DACs. Measurably they are the same in terms of distortion. There is a thread somewhere where someone has tested them both for distortion. 

Having said that, the 99prs has a better dsp and more output for rears speaker ect... and looks pretty :)

I've seen other people meld the two pieces of the dash together...what happens if the airbag goes off? Or do you disable it?

4 hours ago, GT86Bob said:

I've seen other people meld the two pieces of the dash together...what happens if the airbag goes off? Or do you disable it?

the airbag comes out from on top of the dash, those trim pieces would be dangerous projectiles if they covered the airbag

Been tuning the system a bit more recently.

I've changed the crossover point for the sub to 100Hz (12dB slope) for the midbass and 80Hz (24dB slope) for the sub. I feel I get a more punchy midbass this way.

Overall it starting to sound like a proper SQ system but still need to work on a few things in the mid band. 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Question for you @Ade, what are the best places for sound deadening to reduce road noise? Rear arches, doors, anywhere else?

I'd say the door and rear rear arches are equally as effective.

The carpet already has sound deadening foam underneath, but the above to places are basically metal panels (that ring like a mother) and the a plastic trim over the top. Everywhere else there is at least something to kill noise a bit. 

In both cases make sure you apply CLD and Thinsulate to the inside of the plastic trim as well as the metal panels. 

The roof is also a tinny bit of metal with a bit of trim over it, but obviously less sound comes throguh there... unless its raining. 

I have to say it does make the car a more refined experience. Much lower road noise and the nice but reasonalby quiet exhaust note make it feel more like an OEM German sports car IMO.