jevvy

WANTED - Forced Intake

Im really considering Upgrading to a forced intake setup. I will be going to Australia soon so I have to option to buy a kit there and ship it to mumsy or order one from japan to me while im there and do the same. Or im looking for a second hand one, or again I might go for the one Tuning developments offer. I'd like it to be as kind on the wallet as possible tho and after mark sold his turbo that im a bit sore I didnt buy its made me want it even more! If anyone knows what overseas models are well reviewed or where I should go to get the information id appreciate it. I'm sure id be able to find a second hand one whilst in australia as theyre car mad over there but that would really be my last resort. Just looking to weigh up my options and hopefully find a solution at a pocket friendly price!

One thing to consider would be selling your 86 and buying one that's already been boosted. May be cheaper than getting the kit and paying for the install etc.

when I checked a little while ago there were a couple on piston heads, one with a built motor putting down >300whp 

2 hours ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

One thing to consider would be selling your 86 and buying one that's already been boosted. May be cheaper than getting the kit and paying for the install etc.

when I checked a little while ago there were a couple on piston heads, one with a built motor putting down >300whp 

I did look at that but most people ask for what the cars worth plus 3-5k and it doesn't really save you anything. Also I got my car for about 2k less than its value and obviously their cars turbo is used. If I could get a used one for say 2-2500 and then it's probably 700 to fit it if I ever came to sell my car I could remove the turbo or sell it turbod and recoup almost all of that money back. Whereas that car for example would suffer in resale because the turbo wouldn't be worth removing and you paid a lot extra for it so it could be hard to sell. Plus my cars an aero and I wouldn't want a non aero hehe 

5 minutes ago, jevvy said:

I did look at that but most people ask for what the cars worth plus 3-5k and it doesn't really save you anything. Also I got my car for about 2k less than its value and obviously their cars turbo is used. If I could get a used one for say 2-2500 and then it's probably 700 to fit it if I ever came to sell my car I could remove the turbo or sell it turbod and recoup almost all of that money back. Whereas that car for example would suffer in resale because the turbo wouldn't be worth removing and you paid a lot extra for it so it could be hard to sell. Plus my cars an aero and I wouldn't want a non aero hehe 

These thoughts run through my head every night when I lay into my pillow. Shame I'm saving up or else @Mark-in-Stoke didn't even need to post all about his turbo, I'd have taken it there and then when I met up with him 'privately' *cheeky* :P@jevvy would be none wiser about it's existence - therefore no achey breaky heart haha!