Sign in to follow this  
Tim86

Kerbed already, manufacturer says they can't offer a paint code..

As the title reads, 

Here's what i've been told:

Apologize for the delayed reply. Unfortunately we do not offer a paint code for our wheels.

Companies who refinish our wheels just go based off of the factory color name ‘matte graphite’ or end up just color matching.

Not very helpful. 

The problem is there are different degrees of matte finish and i swear there is a slight metallic flake in the paint. A real hassle as i wanted to do it myself. 

Just how good at colour matching are wheel refurb companies, anyone with experience? 

As the title reads, 

Here's what i've been told:

Apologize for the delayed reply. Unfortunately we do not offer a paint code for our wheels.

Companies who refinish our wheels just go based off of the factory color name ‘matte graphite’ or end up just color matching.

Not very helpful. 

The problem is there are different degrees of matte finish and i swear there is a slight metallic flake in the paint. A real hassle as i wanted to do it myself. 

Just how good at colour matching are wheel refurb companies, anyone with experience? 

I once had surprisingly good results just buying the closest looking rattlecan paint from Halfords. The problem with a pro-refurb is that Sod's law dictates you'll immediately do it again...

Doesn't strike me youd have much to lose trying it yourself first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the paint back today, wrong colour, this one's going to be a bitch.. Would really rather avoid paying for a pro refurb, i have all the materials needed minus the paint.

11 hours ago, rob275 said:

personally I wouldn't bother til next year. You're only going to kerb it again. It's sods law

Issue is im on stretched 245/35 on 9.5J wheels so even going over a bump too hard will have consequences on the rim  :P

46 minutes ago, knightryder said:

Wheel manufacturer....

Makes more sense

Any decent wheel refurb place can do a pretty goos colour match. Alternatively, a chance to get them all done in a nice new colour!