Sign in to follow this  
TheCaptain

A question for those of you who have installed UEL manifold + tune

I have a decat borla uel manifold sitting in my bedroom, it was an impulse buy and admittedly I should've done some more homework, I'm still rather new to the whole modding scene so here I am...

Once I get this fitted and tuned, what can I expect from The life expectancy of my engine? I'm not going forced induction and this car is my daily, I'd just like it to some more guts. I currently have cobra resonated catback as my only other exhaust mod - nothing else performance wise. I'll probably get a hks or cosworth air filter too when I get this done. 

Do I have anything to worry about? It's only done 15k miles on a 14 plate so still pretty much brand new. Do I have to worry about the 86 prematurely dying on me? 

Thanks!

It won't affect warranty unless that's is the part st fault but it wouldn't cause any issues if properly installed and it's not a moving part so it's no biggie and it shouldn't effect the reliability of your engine at all. I also have a k&n air filter which is supposed to be the best that I used for 1 day and then drove to collect my new intake from a member of the forum and then went home and put the new intake in. It was like 45£ new and I still have the box ect. Would like 37 posted if you're interested it's essentially new. I've got a hks el decat manifold ready to go in along with a second hand overpipe and front pipe I picked up, will need a map too then but it should improve the car greatly! Definitely replace the air filter it's almost as good as fitting a new intake