Lauren

The TSS tyre question!

I think the whole issue of pro-class can be resolved with the need to have a suit and fire extinguisher. 

With regard to the tyres, a number of us who are competing in the TSS Championship for N1 have spoken to Adrian about the whole tyre thing. I honestly don't think there can be any other way than adhering to the MSA 1a list, as otherwise it becomes a free for all if any tyres not on the list are allowed to compete in N1. There are those of us who take what we do seriously and when a championship is at stake, all the cars need to adhere to the same rules, so there can be no flexibility on this for obvious reasons. 

However we do want those who have the 'wrong' tyres on to be able to have a go. Really as long you understand if you want to run with non list 1a tyres, I have no problem with people being in the N1 class but I don't think you can be classified. That doesn't mean you can't have timed runs, but obviously it can't interfere with those who are there doing a championship. Obviously if you have list 1A tyres you can enter and compete fair and square. But for those who just want to have a go without the expense of having to buy the right tyres, then I don't want to prevent that. Whether we have another class added for those wishing to run on non-legal tyres maybe a way forward. I only suggested N1 Pro because there are no entries for it and it doesn't seem likely there will be. 

I think it will be too complicated for the organisers to allow non-legal cars to run in N1 as they will have to split them out. So maybe, it would be better to use N1 Pro as the class for that, if there are some entries (I'm guessing about the odd one or two) then effectively it will just be a non-championship class and simply using N1 Pro without the rules for the pro class providing the entries are road cars. 

I agree with you which is why I suggested class x as it does not effect the championship. Limit it to one event in that class and then abide by regulations there on to be in correct class.

Seems fair way and does not effect anybody then.