Khvicha

worth buying

hello everyone,

I am not the owner of gt86 yet but thinking about getting one. I have found a deal offering 2013 gt86 with 30,000km on it at 13k. do you think its worth buying? also there is another deal of audi a5 for the same money but it is 2010 model with 110k km. Please give suggestions

Thanks

Completely different cars targeting completely different niches. As to which is closer to what you want, only you yourself can decide. Practical family saloon moving you, many passengers and lot of cargo comfortably around or small sporty coupe for driving fun. Suggestions might help if cars brought up for comparison were similar enough, i don't see it for this pair. Decide what matters more for you, choose accordingly.

i am just concerned whether gt86 will serve as a good daily driver? It will be my first sports car, so apart from sporty requirements i want it to be somehow good for daily driving, I have been driving x5 for 3 years, and I am going to sell it and get something sporty. A5 coupe is also sporty in some way, so thats why I compared it with gt86

Depends how you define daily driver. I've had mine from new, 4.1/2 years and 56,000 miles - great daily driver for me. I'm single, rarely have passengers and have just a ten mile each way 'commute' through lanes and B roads.

Not a fan of Audi full stop, so can't offer opinion on what I perceive to be an overpriced dull barge.

I use mine as a daily driver, I like it. Just be aware that it's only good for two people on a daily basis. An A5 is not sporty in the least compared to a GT86.

Twins rear seats are almost unusable for anybody but smallest kids. Interior is cheap. But it's pleasure to drive, unexpectedly much for a price. Even more so on track (even if stock).

A5 .. i don't expect to be sporty, it's more of grand tourer. Comfort and straight line speed. Not as much fun as 'drivers car' (imho of course).

At the end .. why not testdrive both & decide what is closer to your heart wishes? Everybody is different, everybody may like & prefer different things. I love twins, i also use it as only car daily, but perfectly understand that some may find features in other cars more pleasant/important or practicality/family transport needs may put it below their 'practical enough' for daily driver. To each his own. Personal feel in testdrives when driving in & seeing their interior in person may matter much more then any internet advise.