Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

Drivetribe?

So Drivetribe has been launched. It's a kind of newsfeed with channels on all aspects of cars based on the premise of there being hundreds of channels to choose from that will potentially provide content that will suit just about any flavour of petrolhead. From the silly (dogs in cars) to classic, vintage, racing and drifting as well as the car scene in any probably any country you'd like to pick. 

The quality of content is variable, but such things are expected. Clarkson, Hammond and May have their channels naturally, but there are the likes of EVO staffers doing their stuff and I have to say, some of it, like Jethro Bovingdon's 'Eleven Tenths', is simply excellent. Other stuff, can seem just like a Facebook page with people posting pics of their cars up, offering basically nothing really. Tribes like JDM seem to be like this. Still it's easy enough to remove a tribe from your favourites. 

I have already managed to find some good stuff on Japanese Car Culture, though you should check out Noriyaro (who I've been following on YT for years). 

Alan is already on it with his Blackmarket Tribe, looking at the modified JDM scene here in the UK, mostly about shows and the like it seems. So there should be something for everyone. 

Rob, Keith and I were discussing whether there was any merit in starting a tribe for the club, though there were concerns it further fragments members, but then again, may catch others with a wider audience. The trouble is, it needs content and someone willing to write. It's all still under discussion, as to a point it depends a lot on whether this new forum will take off. 

I've had thoughts of doing a tribe myself. Really for me I was just thinking about doing it about stuff I'm interested in, with vids (as Mark is a demon editor) and I've done my share of presenting on the telly already, so I'm no stranger to having a camera in my face. I might also write some articles and reviews. It will certainly be interesting to see where all this goes. 

If anyone wants to go see what it's about: 

https://drivetribe.com

Code is 906488GTB