Sign in to follow this  
Samsss

Gt86/Brz hunt

Hi guys, I am Sam and i currently dont own a Gt86 or Brz, however i am looking to get one in the not to distant future. Im taking my time finding the perfect car, i want one within 6 months as a goal.

I just have one or two questions, are there diffrent spec levels other that the primo and D-4S? Also what sort of mpg are you guys getting out of interest? 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Welcome, and hopefully we'll be able to see your car soon :)

There are no differences engine wise. I think the differences are what you get inside, e.g. trim material, ICE, what size alloy wheels you get and whether there is a spoiler or not. To my knowledge Primo is the most basic trim.

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/toyota/gt-86

BRZ have slightly different spring rates from GT86s. Not too sure about the figures though.

If you are looking second hand then you have the regular model which are far more abundant. Heated seats depend upon whether they were optioned or not. This is also true of the TRD and Aero models. Primo models are so rare that it is unlikely you will come across one, but it would make no sense to buy a Primo model as it's a more basic spec and you won't pay more really for the regular model.

'D-4S' is not a reference to the model as such. 

For reference it's worth holding out to find one with a good spec, the heated seats are nice whether you go for the half leather/alcantara or a car equipped with full leather. Other options are not so important really. There are paint options with red being a no cost option and white being the most expensive option due to it being pearlescent. 

Other options are satnav (the stock head unit is not very good though and the sat nav is not brilliant), reversing sensors and stripes and the like. There are a few special editions which had costmetic additions, such as the TRD, Blanco and Giallo. All GT86's have the same engine none of them had any performance mods as such. Post 2013 cars had Sachs dampers, but you'd probably be hard pressed to tell the difference. Obviously a good number of cars have been modified a bit, so you could look at one of those if that is what you want. Many have had aftermarket exhausts and some have had coilovers and remaps and the like. 

Cool thank you for the info lauren im after a used one, and dont really want the primo, just wondering what options were. Not sure on the colour yet, and would probably modify it a bit eventually.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk